The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-27-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Does anyone make an aftermarket brake reservoir?

Weird question maybe but I'm tired of looking at my plastic M/C reservoir. I'd rather not deal with trying to swap to an aftermarket master, since I'm running hydroboost and the setup I have functions fine. Does anyone make a metal res. replacement? I can't seem to find anything. I considered painting mine, but between engine heat, being greasy plastic, and containing the most anti-paint substance in a car, I figured that would be a losing proposition.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:17 PM   #2
Overdriven

Re: Does anyone make an aftermarket brake reservoir?

http://www.ecihotrodbrakes.com/remot..._cylinder.html

This page has both remote reservoir kits and a unique reservoir solution meant for vette masters. I couldn’t find anything else besides other remote reservoir kits. If you want to go through the trouble of fabbing something, a reservoir with remote reservoir adapters on the bottom could be a solution if you don’t want to actually remote mount a reservoir.

Last edited by Overdriven; 09-28-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:25 AM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Man thats a pretty interesting solution. I'd be curious if those little mini-reservoirs would fit my master, but at least I know it exists! Price is a little steep.

They don't show the fittings that they use to adapt them to the m/c ports, which is the most interesting part. If I could just buy the fittings I'd just fab something. Gonna have to stalk some vette forums and see if folks use those.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:16 AM   #4
rpmerf

The JB7 braking system uses a metal reservoir with the larger master. I think it's a 1-1/4" master. Look for an 83 C20 with 13" drums.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...032567&jsn=508
1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z
rpmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:20 PM   #5
Overdriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Man thats a pretty interesting solution. I'd be curious if those little mini-reservoirs would fit my master, but at least I know it exists! Price is a little steep.

They don't show the fittings that they use to adapt them to the m/c ports, which is the most interesting part. If I could just buy the fittings I'd just fab something. Gonna have to stalk some vette forums and see if folks use those.
They are on the steep side. But it says they are billet aluminum which means they are probably one piece except for the cap with the MC adapter built into the bottom.

If it was me, I’d probably find a remote reservoir kit that fit the master and find a cool reservoir to mount somewhere. But I’ve seen adapters where the fitting for the tubing is removeable to change to whatever you want which makes a custom reservoir mounted on the MC tempting. Since the adapters are just an o-ring deal into the MC, just screw them onto your custom reservoir and push into the MC. Or if the adapters are the same material as your custom reservoir you could make them part of the floor of your reservoir and weld them in. Lots of options. Popping off your current reservoir and taking some measurements for the adapters might be the first step, or searching for compatibility lists for remote reservoir kits.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote