The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #51
special-K
Special Order

Re: Taco Soup

I can eat this (whichever version) till it's gone. But,I think my son isn't the same meal twice in a row type,so I put about 1/2 the batch in freezer bags for a quick ready-made and dee-licious meal (that he doesn't realize is a "leftover"). Liz,you all will love it. Still love my red meat,but always looking to be more heart healthy and keep the store-bought red:white/fish ratio at about 1:3-1:4. I love turkey hunting,but just can't get the whole chicken hunting thing down. Heck,I have yet to even see one when out. Maybe I need a better chicken call. Oh well,the store-bought if pretty dang lean enough. Probably best I just buy it anyway. I get really aggravated processing chicken. No sooner than I get started and it's "PLUCK THIS and PLUCK THAT!"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:06 AM   #52
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

summer or not, I need to make a batch soon.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #53
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Kid needed the recipe. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #54
special-K
Special Order

They'll be doing better now that they have this recipe. I wrote it on an index card way back when and I'm glad I did. I make it with ground chicken, turkey, pork, whatever strikes my fancy.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 07-23-2018, 06:34 PM   #55
special-K
Special Order

Liz, how did you find this thread? I'd like to try to find other Gearhead Gourmet threads/recipes

Tim

Old 07-23-2018, 09:02 PM   #56
flashed

Its very good with Deer sausage too.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:56 AM   #57
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I miss the gearhead gourmet threads....I'm hungry now

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:23 AM   #58
special-K
Special Order

Make it in a slow cooker, so anything goes, ground, shredded, chunks. Load it up in the morning and come home to soup. I like to dip it with Tostidos Scoops. Num yummy

I also saved N2TRX's Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe. I slow cook that, too. I use salsa Verde and four limes and eat it shredded in a burrito tortilla with shredded cheese and various toppings.

Those are the only two recipes I saved before it went kapoot. I'd like to find more

Tim

Old 07-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #59
Ol Blue K20

Dang it Tim, you're making me hungry for dinner and I haven't had breakfast yet.......lol

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 07-25-2018, 10:07 AM   #60
krue
Designated A-hole!

Dang, it's too hot for this but now I have a craving.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #61
special-K
Special Order

It's funny, I always think of soup as a cold weather thing. Warms you right up! But it's not like I don't eat a hot meal every night all summer long. I guess part of it is I like soup, stews, and chili slow cooked/simmered and that warms the house up when you don't want it. I'd love to build a summer kitchen out back... for all summer cooking.

Tim

Old 10-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #62
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue View Post
Dang, it's too hot for this but now I have a craving.
I came and got the recipe again a week or two ag0 Its a favorite here.. reminded me about it again in the pie post
Old 10-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #63
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

And again.. we had the best recipes before pinterest. Gearheads cook the best
Old 10-18-2019, 07:23 AM   #64
special-K
Special Order

Pintrest? Are you saying there are great recipes on there? I think I'm all stocked to make the taco soup. Been wanting some and the windy cool weather is bringing it on even more.

I miss Gearhead Gourmet. I remember I started a "hot sauce swap" thread meant for swapping 'local' hot sauce favorites. I know there are hot sauce businesses most everywhere, all the way to micro mini, and a full spectrum of variety. I think I made one swap.

Tim

Old 10-18-2019, 10:49 AM   #65
Ol Blue K20

I miss it too. I'm going to make some taco soup soon...

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 10-18-2019, 05:35 PM   #66
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

The issue was it was not being used. I miss it too. Just post here like you did there.
I have had to change my ways fully in cooking. Ryleigh is allergic to food dyes that start with the word lake (causes her to choke and bad stuff) She breaks out in a rash from Red 40, lactose intolerant and allergic to scallops. The drs use to act like I was insane when I would talk about her not swallowing food right etc for years.

Anyway, I pretty much have to cook most of her food at home.. even prepared pie crust has red 40 in it at most places. We went out to eat one night a year or so ago, and on the way home she said Mom, my throat feels funny and itchy.. So we stopped at the next pharmacy to get benadryl. You know most meds have red 40 or lake dyes in them too? Thankfully this store had the dye free Benadryl and she was fine. My son had a friend that worked at the restaurant so he asked a few questions. They use the same fryer for the shrimp and scallops. Ry had eaten friend shrimp for dinner. Even though the scallops were suppose to be a slight allergy, we learned differently the hard way. Could had been worse.

So I guess my point is I am ALWAYS trying new recipes. I tend to stick to low carb/ paleo type diets because of her allergies. Melinda after years of having tummy trouble, found out she is allergic to milk protein, wheat, eggs, cheese and soy. Shes 19 and does what she wants to. Between the two of them, its made cooking and learning to cook new ways a part of daily life.

I would love to share the recipes here but tend not to. Unfortunately with the job comes scrutiny. We have groups on FB as you know. I have had to make my fb profile private and use general type pics instead of cute kid pics etc. due to group/site peoples actions. Many times when something goes on in the forums here, I get private messaged and told off. If you know me you know I have thick skin, and an ugly temper if pushed to far.. however, its hard to join in posting etc without being fully scrutinized. I think hey this would be cool cg might get a kick out of it, or tim might like this etc.. but then I think about the few that enjoy questioning everything and just don't.

If ya'll want to start posting hot sauce trades, and best grill recipe etc... then lets do it. I can't go making a forum again without good reason, but I would love to see some of your ideas and favorites as well.

Please don't take this as pity party whining. It's not at all, it's just how it is.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:05 PM   #67
Ol Blue K20

Thanks, Liz. I haven't felt good for a couple of weeks. When I start cooking again I will post here. I'm lactose intolerant too. But Lactaid milk has helped me through all the chemo I have done the last couple years. It helps me keep some weight on me....I also want to thank you and Josh because my "friends " from this site that I have never met in person have helped immensely with my mental and physical strength. THANKS EVERYONE!

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 10-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #68
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I'm thankful for you and others too. It's amazing the bonds created. Besides the lactose, have you had to change diet with the treatments? A friend of ours lost the taste for some foods
Old 10-19-2019, 11:34 AM   #69
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I'm thankful for you and others too. It's amazing the bonds created. Besides the lactose, have you had to change diet with the treatments? A friend of ours lost the taste for some foods
Between chemo and radiation my tastebuds changed a lot. I constantly have a bitter taste in my mouth but it's getting better with time. Some foods I liked I don't like anymore. French fries and brussel sprouts come to mind right now. I tend to crave food with a lot of flaver now.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 10-21-2019, 06:04 PM   #70
weq92f

Here’s my version. Didn’t have any corn and couldn’t go to the store. Made thIs with what was on hand!
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote