The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-19-2018, 02:12 AM   #1
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

What’s with some people

I joined this group back in 2002 because it was Guys with trucks helping Guys with trucks. Lately it’s been How much money can I get from you OR you don’t your ass from a hole in the ground. My last two deals on here were BAD.
1st one - I sold a nice Tach dash to a guy and after he distoryed the speedo he wanted his $ back and PayPal backed him , sent a perfect replacement and he distoryed that one too. Got it back and put another speedo in it and sold it for more $. Next- needed a Clutch pedal and after agreeing to pay his price I noticed the braket on the end was missing, when I asked if he had the rest of the pedal he said “ Ya for another $7 I’ll throw it in the box” are you kidding me!! Told him if $7 is that big of deal I’ll send it. Must have made him think, he put it in the box no extra charge. Come on People enjoy the experience
Seems to be where ever you go these days
😕

What happened to helping a guy out
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:03 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: What’s with some people

I get how you feel. Some are out to get all they can out of you and others toss a part in just because it helps. I see it more "out there" than here on the parts board. But I do see a trend toward more "about me-ish" people in the world.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-19-2018 at 11:13 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:44 AM   #3
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I haven't had a bad deal yet and hope I don't. Hopefully it's a phase and will pass..

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:19 AM   #4
Coley

The items that I've bought on the website have worked out well for me so far.
As far as selling....same thing, haven't had too many annoyed customers yet.

Don't be afraid to push back a bit and make sure you qualify the item and the limitations clearly enough in the ad...noting that a lot of sellers do not state or show the problems within the part when they take the pic and put up the ad.

All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:27 PM   #5
Jeff's bowtie's

I to have had no problems with parts I've bought or sold and as far as prices goes it's only worth what your willing to pay for an item. I have also sent some parts free including shipping offered parts for free just come get them and free but pay shipping
Jeff's bowtie's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:32 PM   #6
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

I see it possible you're getting to be like me? Older, less tolerance for drama and tired of stupid crap
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:57 PM   #7
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68C15 View Post
I see it possible you're getting to be like me? Older, less tolerance for drama and tired of stupid crap
I 2nd that... I have not had any deals here and probably wont.. If I find something to buy by way of this forum, I would ask one of you guys close to it to check it out and put eyes on it.

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:17 PM   #8
kwmech

Everybody that I've dealt with (so far) on the board had been easy to deal with and nice. Hope it's not changing for the worse
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:55 AM   #9
michael bustamante

ive noticed over the years that the bad seeds tend to disappear from here, ive sold on here since 2007 and learned a good 75% of what I know about our trucks on this site, ive had to disappear once or twice on here cuz of life but I always try to make amends if I let a member down
Old 09-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #10
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

For the most part this forum is very well policed. A few knobs but every family has 'that one'.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #11
mikebte

I agree, typically I’ll give extra parts to people for the cost of freight. But as soon as I need something you can bet people want premium pricing. I’m waiting for the day I give something away and find it on EBay.
mikebte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #12
YBNORML

As a single dad i have resorted to buying abandoned projects and parting them out. It has allowed me to continue to enjoy this hobby.

I always ask fair prices based on what similar items are priced at and I am always flexible. Lately it has become quite frustrating as everyone expects you to give them stuff for free.

I tend to give parts away to those who are just starting out in this hobby. But when a potential buyer shows up in $50,000 vehicle begging me to give him parts for almost nothing or free, i get irritated. If your budget is so tight that you can't pay fair market value for quality parts, then maybe you shouldn't be building a truck.

I personally haven't had any luck selling on here. But I have had good luck purchasing from those members willing to ship north.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:52 PM   #13
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I bought a 68 firebird and it was built within a couple month timeframe that Pontiac etched the firebird logo into the lower front corner of the glass, really cool unique feature. Somewhere along the way the DS window was broken and replaced without it.

A guy on another forum OFFERED ME an extra he had, he had just the DS which is perfect. He wanted a pretty penny for it, which I'm fine with because it is rare and not reproduced, by he wanted me to figure out shipping. I told him no, he offered the item to me, he needs to do that. He was supposed to take it to a local UPS packing place (which is already stupid $$$) and get an estimate, that was at least 6 weeks ago. I ask about it every 7-10 days...
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:24 PM   #14
ratrod67

I got burned here twice a long time ago by users Bigunde and Charles. I stopped supporting the board after nothing was done by Josh or Liz and they continued to sell here. I stopped coming here for a while even though I know it really didn't matter to anyone and still to this day I am reminded of my losses every time I come here and the top header is "Your paid subscription expired on Tue, Aug 31 2010". Some times people just suck and it ruins it for others. I can't tell you how many times I shipped stupid little parts out at my expense because I just wanted to help.
ratrod67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:08 PM   #15
mikebte

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
As a single dad i have resorted to buying abandoned projects and parting them out. It has allowed me to continue to enjoy this hobby.

I always ask fair prices based on what similar items are priced at and I am always flexible. Lately it has become quite frustrating as everyone expects you to give them stuff for free.

I tend to give parts away to those who are just starting out in this hobby. But when a potential buyer shows up in $50,000 vehicle begging me to give him parts for almost nothing or free, i get irritated. If your budget is so tight that you can't pay fair market value for quality parts, then maybe you shouldn't be building a truck.

I personally haven't had any luck selling on here. But I have had good luck purchasing from those members willing to ship north.
I agree on your statement. I remember I received a bunch a old free vacuums one time not working. I fixed them all and figured I would help people in need. So I posted the vacuums as free to anyone fallen on hard times. Every person showed up in a brand new car, cloths and a fancy cell phone. I was so upset, but I told myself not to judge and gave away every vacuum. Still bugs me.
mikebte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #16
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Yeah, I see that over at the Senior Center here in town. People go on Tuesday mornings to get a bag of food. I see them in new Lexuses, Priuses, wearing nice clothes, etc. I feel like they are moochers. Having gotten many meals from the dumpster behind the grocery store as a kid, I'm kind of sensitive to the amount of entitlement some people have.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:27 PM   #17
Coley

Smile Re: What’s with some people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Yeah, I see that over at the Senior Center here in town. People go on Tuesday mornings to get a bag of food. I see them in new Lexuses, Priuses, wearing nice clothes, etc. I feel like they are moochers. Having gotten many meals from the dumpster behind the grocery store as a kid, I'm kind of sensitive to the amount of entitlement some people have.
...these days that is usually reserved for the Millennials out there (ie: young 'people' under 30 years old). lol
Blindly downloaded entitlement has unfortunately become the weak cornerstone of modern parenting.
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #18
WestButteTruck
Kung Fu Master

Unfortunately, the bigger this forum gets, the larger the percentage of running into these types.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:24 PM   #19
85cizzle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 CST Short Wide View Post
I joined this group back in 2002 because it was Guys with trucks helping Guys with trucks. Lately it’s been How much money can I get from you OR you don’t your ass from a hole in the ground. My last two deals on here were BAD.
1st one - I sold a nice Tach dash to a guy and after he distoryed the speedo he wanted his $ back and PayPal backed him , sent a perfect replacement and he distoryed that one too. Got it back and put another speedo in it and sold it for more $. Next- needed a Clutch pedal and after agreeing to pay his price I noticed the braket on the end was missing, when I asked if he had the rest of the pedal he said “ Ya for another $7 I’ll throw it in the box” are you kidding me!! Told him if $7 is that big of deal I’ll send it. Must have made him think, he put it in the box no extra charge. Come on People enjoy the experience
😕

The struggle is real.... I'm just trying to get info from someone and all I get back is smartass comments and the whole time I'm just trying 2 figure out why on earth he's charging SO MUCH for something that shouldn't even cost half of what he's charging....smh
85cizzle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:09 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

^^^ If you read the site guidelines you will see that commenting on a seller's price is not allowed here... and I agree this is a good rule. If you don't like the price you are to move on. If their price is too high they will not sell the item and will figure it out on their own or give up. If that was a part you really wished you could buy, oh well, start looking elsewhere. I have said to myself many times, here and everywhere, "Too bad I didn't find that first" or "I wish someone reasonable was selling that". It's very disappointing, but it is their's to do as they please.

I hope this thread doesn't get people thinking this is a bad place to buy parts or put a negative tone on our parts boards. Because the fact is, this place is about the best place to deal with parts buying. As this site has grown, dishonest sellers have become fewer. There are rip-offs and scammers everywhere and this place has a small fraction compared to anywhere else. It is probably the safest place to buy a used part from an individual on the internet. I'd like to see what the percentage of bad deals is on here. Probably something like .00001%. The original poster set the topic for people's behavior, not about bad deals. He is saying he just doesn't get where some people are coming from with their expectations. People are changing everywhere and the good standards of the past are degenerating in this me first gotta have it and I men now world. Finding parts has become so easy with the advent of the internet that people have unreasonably high expectations buying as well. You are buying from an individual with a life, a job, and selling spare parts is done in "spare time". You are not buying from Jegs, no set policies, no customer service dept, AND not regulated under license by any business administration/commission that can lay down heavy consequences to the seller. We make our own choices and have to accept calculated risks that may result. I have been buying parts on this sight since I joined and started selling them a couple years later when divorce changed my life's path. In '05 I spent over $10k on this parts board with nary a negative mark... all good. And this was before paid subscriptions were required. Often I have had members send parts before my payment was received. Where else are you going to find that?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-07-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #21
Roady’s truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 CST Short Wide View Post
😕

This is really just a question with no meaning or Innuendo intended.

How do you ruin or screw up a speedometer?
Old 10-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #22
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roady’s truck View Post

Not to put too fine a point on it, but there's nothing in the world that somebody can't bung it up faster than you can get it out of their hands.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:24 PM   #23
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:

1.Incorrect cable length at speedometer end. If it is too long, it will force the magnetic gear into the speed cup.

2. Cable casing is loose at speedometer head. Not allowing proper engagement will also damage the speedometer main frame.

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:44 PM   #24
davischevy

Parts rigs are getting pricier and harder to find every day. That said, I don't typically sell parts for profit.

I have a lot of GM A-body parts. I was at a show the other day talking to an A-body guy and when he found out I had parts, he said he would tell people about them. I let him know quickly that my supply was for helping people with their projects, not helping flippers.

If the person is young and trying to keep a vehicle running on a shoe string, I will usually give the part to them.

On the other hand, I am thankful for the people that do part trucks and cars, because without them I would be in trouble.

I try to never comment on a price. Nobody forces me to pay, and the market will determine the price.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:36 PM   #25
special-K
Special Order

Quote:

I see some have given replies on this question when it appears to be directed to the one who started the thread.

Tim