The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2018, 12:12 PM   #26
NorCalC20LWB

Re: WDYWOOTW the 2018 edition

Smaller geographical sub forums. For example, I am in Northern California and the area for me is "southwest". That's awfully large and does not do much good to see an event or whatever from say Arizona. If it were further segmented to, say, California, or even Northern California/Southern California then it would be more pertinent. I think it would be more useful, and more people would participate if the geographies were local to them.
NorCalC20LWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #27
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

My suggestion is how about a sub folder in the 67-72 classifieds for the NOS parts. It would seem there are two different types of builds here and each would benefit from being able to surf them separately. Just my 2 cents
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:58 PM   #28
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
I too think that Home page needs a face lift, it's a poor representation of the site.

Here's what I would do. All that verbiage, parse it down. Maybe something like.

67-72 Truck Fourm worlds largest classic truck data repository.
An open meida for classic chevy trucks . With a big fat search box!

Below the minimalist verbiage, instead of what looks like forum threads. Gut that. If you're having trouble keeping dynamic content updated... make it a static magazine layout.

Have pictures with captions that look like magazine covers to articles/threads. Have a few. Make them link to a thread or article that corresponds to the cover.

You have the content, display it! There are a crap load of cool "how to" threads here. You can appeal to customizers, daily drivers, just keep the junk running types, you have it all. Stickies are nice but they blend and are on the forums. Let your home page show what's in here.... there's a lot.

My two cents, keep up the great work!

j
Appreciated. However the issue was more of life got in the way and it was neglected. Agreed fully on it being the front door of the site. That is why it was updated last night and this morning.

The content is here, and I do like the suggestions but again I ask that folks report posts that they feel would be good FAQ material or news worthy. It is not like it was 15 years ago where we could read every post every day. That's where you the community come in. Give a heads up to cool stuff we may miss.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:03 PM   #29
95 S_Trucker

First off, Thanks for running this site and giving us an opportunity to voice our opinions.

I would like to see the names change from 73+

73-87(91) were designed as "Rounded Line" from GM. Squarebody is just a slang term. I'm not saying it should be called the rounded line section, but I don't think it should be named for a slang nickname. All of the other sections go by year range.

88-present. I would like to see the forums renamed by platform(GMT400, GMT800, GMT900, GMTK2XX). There are a lot f members posting in the wrong forums. Especially in transition years(88-91, 99-00, 07).

I would like to see the s10/blazer II section renamed. There never was a blazer II. There was a bronco II and an s10 blazer, but never a blazer II. It would also be nice to see a 82-93 section and a 98-04 section.

Thanks for hearing us, and thanks again for letting us voice our opinions here.
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:04 PM   #30
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalC20LWB View Post
Smaller geographical sub forums. For example, I am in Northern California and the area for me is "southwest". That's awfully large and does not do much good to see an event or whatever from say Arizona. If it were further segmented to, say, California, or even Northern California/Southern California then it would be more pertinent. I think it would be more useful, and more people would participate if the geographies were local to them.
This suggestion cracks me up. Please do not take offense when I explain why.. Been there done that had every state and other areas. Had it for many years too. Folks complained all the time about it and wanted it scaled down. It took polls, talks, and non posting to get it changed to simple regions with state tags for posts and searching. Now folks suggest having it by state etc again. Not just you so please again do not take it wrong. Its right up there with tow hooks, gmc or chevy and is an elcamino a car or a truck. If it makes you feel better.. i loved it the way you suggest. N2TRUX hated it admin love hate stuff
Old 10-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #31
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
My suggestion is how about a sub folder in the 67-72 classifieds for the NOS parts. It would seem there are two different types of builds here and each would benefit from being able to surf them separately. Just my 2 cents
I dont think we ever tried that before. I would post a poll in the main board and see what they think.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #32
Chevyland

Thanks for updating the home page.
Even if it stayed the way it is now and was updated each month with the
TOTM winners. That would work.
I bet it will also increase the flow of guys entering that contest

Because, there would be recognition of their rigs in a very visible space
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:25 PM   #33
NorCalC20LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
This suggestion cracks me up. Please do not take offense when I explain why.. Been there done that had every state and other areas. Had it for many years too. Folks complained all the time about it and wanted it scaled down. It took polls, talks, and non posting to get it changed to simple regions with state tags for posts and searching. Now folks suggest having it by state etc again. Not just you so please again do not take it wrong. Its right up there with tow hooks, gmc or chevy and is an elcamino a car or a truck. If it makes you feel better.. i loved it the way you suggest. N2TRUX hated it admin love hate stuff
No offense taken, after all I'm a relative newbie since I've only had my truck and used this amazing website since 2014 I think. The idea I'm trying to get across is to somehow get more local recommendations, i.e. "who knows of a good body shop/suspension/etc in the Sacramento area?". It seems the current regional forums don't get much traffic.

FWIW, this is the most informative, mutually respectful website I've ever participated in. Whether someones knowledge level is complete rookie or master craftsman, there is always helpful advise and understanding of the other persons concerns. Very rare in the internet world, not sure how you were able to accomplish that, but good for you, and thanks!
NorCalC20LWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:29 PM   #34
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Quote:
I dont think we ever tried that before. I would post a poll in the main board and see what they think.
Took me a while to figure out how to post a poll (had to use the search function finally) but poll is posted.

Thanks for the ave. for suggestions
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:56 PM   #35
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
No offense taken, after all I'm a relative newbie since I've only had my truck and used this amazing website since 2014 I think. The idea I'm trying to get across is to somehow get more local recommendations, i.e. "who knows of a good body shop/suspension/etc in the Sacramento area?". It seems the current regional forums don't get much traffic.

FWIW, this is the most informative, mutually respectful website I've ever participated in. Whether someones knowledge level is complete rookie or master craftsman, there is always helpful advise and understanding of the other persons concerns. Very rare in the internet world, not sure how you were able to accomplish that, but good for you, and thanks!
input is key. Please keep suggestions coming
Old 10-12-2018, 07:57 PM   #36
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
Took me a while to figure out how to post a poll (had to use the search function finally) but poll is posted.

Thanks for the ave. for suggestions
something to do while recovering
Old 10-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #37
davischevy

Life has taught me to watch what you wish for.

Just don't change it all at once. I won't be able to find anything.

Seriously, It works pretty well the way it is.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #38
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Redo the landing page. Keep it updated with truck of the month or something.

Get rid of because of lack of use, 1000 ish or less posts in ten years ...

Pre 47

O7 plus

S10

In scale ... maybe just allow them in the areas that cover the in scale truck that someone wants to share? They would get a lot more views via the standard 67-72 truck area anyway.

Detail, Audio, Tools and Shop Safety ... plenty of sights that cover these as their subject.

Put all WIW and WTB in the main classifieds. Put all 67-72 Models in one classified with drop down for truck/burb.panel/blazer. You make an ad, use the arrow drop down to classify what its for. So many parts get missed that work for all models. And so many people just cant stop cross posting to see more eyes.

I appreciate the guys that sell a ton of stuff stepping up to red. So many guys that use the sight for mostly selling (easy to see when you look at their history) only use the standard subscription.

Guys that do sell a lot. Maybe instead of having half the front page of the classifieds with your little single bits in pieces in single threads start doubling and tripling up.

Stop ad bumping after ridiculously short periods of time .. two day bump rule?

Vendors area. Delete the ridiculously old posts or close them instead of adding to them.

And honestly I know this is probably only me. Id like to see all 67-72 models in one area not just like that in the classifieds, but in the main forum. Use a drop down again to see what model you want to talk about. Going to get a ton more views on the Blazers and Burbs this way. So much tech talk applies to all models.

I know life and family take up a ton of time but I would like to see more ownership involvement. I miss the old days of Lizzes (sp?) bantering with the rest of us, and the occasional Josh.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:36 PM   #39
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
No offense taken, after all I'm a relative newbie since I've only had my truck and used this amazing website since...
How about a Jefferson State forum, ey? Sorry, had to throw that in. California is a mighty tall state, Blended from Mexico through to the Barbary Coast of the NW. A great state and BIG. Look at the old world east coast. Look at teeny weeny Maryland... DE. We fall in the NE region, yet Virginia and West Virginia are SE. Where I live is about a half hour from PA, VA, WVA, and not much more than and hour to DE. All these states are Mid-Atlantic just like CA's Central Coast. Parts of New Jersey are farther south than parts of the Virginias. I hear you on matters such as looking for a good local shop. To be honest, out NW region is functionally dead. It is pared down to one annual "Wuzzup" thread for Maryland that gets largely overlooked. And we are the most active of all the NE region. Something needs to happen but not sure what it is. I blame the people more than the website, though. Members have to use a feature for it to work.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:49 PM   #40
68bowtie

First of all, this site is great. I don’t do any other social media but I am on here every day. It’s a fantastic site, doesn’t need anything major. And I appreciate that it’s clean.

My suggestions:

1. Consolidate WTB and WIW with FS threads. Maybe add WTT or other types. It should make it easier to restrict posts to premium members. Make a drop down for the abbreviation like the state initials to make titles consistent and easy to navigate.

2. Find a way to make adding pictures and videos easier. I don’t know a thing about doing that, but I would think there has to be something out there that would streamline it. Maybe even have it automatically downsize files when needed so you don’t have to download to a computer to edit size.

3. Add a search feature in vendors section? I may be the only one, but I don’t have the patience to sort through the threads when I need new part so I shop elsewhere.

4. Ditto on the main page comments!

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #41
el_fantasma

I like the improvements to home page, thanks
Old 10-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #42
The Rocknrod

The 'whats it worth' section is a place threads go to die.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:35 PM   #43
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Life has taught me to watch what you wish for.

Just don't change it all at once. I won't be able to find anything.

Seriously, It works pretty well the way it is.
The post is not intended for changes. Its for community input. We are ever evolving.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:48 PM   #44
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

I know life and family take up a ton of time but I would like to see more ownership involvement. I miss the old days of Lizzes (sp?) bantering with the rest of us, and the occasional Josh.
I had no choice in the matter. Homeschool, the baby , opening the store, my nieces living with us after a fire, Mom and the MS, and getting a bonus kid x2 took priority for me over posting. There is more but the whole site doesnt need to know it in detail lol.

in summary edmund (a bonus kid) stayed off n on and is now on his own. Daniel graduated and is in college year 2, chris (bonus kid 2) graduated and is at nc state, Metlinda graduated and freed me from teaching for a few years. Sierra is in a college prep high school and it kicked her ass hardcore last year, doing better this year. Dictator Sparkles aka Ryleigh is in 1st grade and getting a bit more independent, giving me a few more minutes. The store is the store and has yet to profit, but typically pays its rent and utilities.

Mel graduated dance, Sierra quit dance for chorus and Ry is starting back to dance this year after a year off. Love my boys, and miss them tons, but life has slowed back down a bit with the olders all graduating.

oh and McDonalds of Rockwell still sucks they did however clean out the heroin n **** here recently.

So whats new by you cg? lol...
Old 10-13-2018, 08:51 PM   #45
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Something needs to happen but not sure what it is. I blame the people more than the website, though. Members have to use a feature for it to work.
chaching! I love input and it typically ends in we need to change this this this and this. Then when changed it needs to change here there n where. We can change names and move tabs 97 times a week. If they arent used its pointless
Old 10-13-2018, 08:52 PM   #46
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
The 'whats it worth' section is a place threads go to die.
I agree but the answer is which?
Old 10-13-2018, 08:53 PM   #47
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 S_Trucker View Post
First off, Thanks for running this site and giving us an opportunity to voice our opinions.

I would like to see the names change from 73+

73-87(91) were designed as "Rounded Line" from GM. Squarebody is just a slang term. I'm not saying it should be called the rounded line section, but I don't think it should be named for a slang nickname. All of the other sections go by year range.

88-present. I would like to see the forums renamed by platform(GMT400, GMT800, GMT900, GMTK2XX). There are a lot f members posting in the wrong forums. Especially in transition years(88-91, 99-00, 07).

I would like to see the s10/blazer II section renamed. There never was a blazer II. There was a bronco II and an s10 blazer, but never a blazer II. It would also be nice to see a 82-93 section and a 98-04 section.

Thanks for hearing us, and thanks again for letting us voice our opinions here.

missed this yesterday sorry. Ill refer N2TRUX to this for ya.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:01 PM   #48
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
First of all, this site is great. I don’t do any other social media but I am on here every day. It’s a fantastic site, doesn’t need anything major. And I appreciate that it’s clean.

My suggestions:

1. Consolidate WTB and WIW with FS threads. Maybe add WTT or other types. It should make it easier to restrict posts to premium members. Make a drop down for the abbreviation like the state initials to make titles consistent and easy to navigate.

2. Find a way to make adding pictures and videos easier. I don’t know a thing about doing that, but I would think there has to be something out there that would streamline it. Maybe even have it automatically downsize files when needed so you don’t have to download to a computer to edit size.

3. Add a search feature in vendors section? I may be the only one, but I don’t have the patience to sort through the threads when I need new part so I shop elsewhere.

4. Ditto on the main page comments!
Which vendors section? The vendors forum that they post in is searchable. The other just lists the site vendors as a whole by name. And the main page vendor link is a list of vendors for the hobby, not site supporting but a resource. Just trying to be on the same page in the discussion.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:58 AM   #49
68bowtie

Quote:
Which vendors section? The vendors forum that they post in is searchable. The other just lists the site vendors as a whole by name. And the main page vendor link is a list of vendors for the hobby, not site supporting but a resource. Just trying to be on the same page in the discussion.
The vendor marketplace. Am I missing something?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=195

Name:  8158E2AD-F8EA-4467-9584-C4ECA30E8D31.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  60.5 KB

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:25 AM   #50
Foot Stomper

Quote:
They were separate for many years. They ended up combined due to lack of posting.
Perhaps, but I'd like to think quality over quantity would take presidence.
The eras gave nothing at a in common like paint and body has nothing in common with electrical. You don't group those topics because of a lack of posts.

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote