The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2011, 04:19 AM   #1
COLEFORBUS

1971 4wd Jimmy

This is truck I bought from a buddy about a month ago. He has had it for a while and needed to let it go since he doesnt have the time for it. Im a nurse so mechanic work isnt my specialty, but Im intelligent and confident enough to learn to do anything. All ive really done so far is put a new alternator and new power steering pump on it. As you can see from the pictures it has a lot of rust issues. Other problems I need to address are:

1 Fuel gauge/tachometer do not work
2 Gas tank does not fill up properly, I dont think it lets air out when you are filling up and gas pours on the ground.
3 Transmission slips, it doesnt always like to go into reverse and you cant feel it shift into drive.
4 I have the 4wd shifter but dont have the bolt
5 The steering gear leaks
6 I think the front end needs to be rebuilt, it has a lot of play when youre driving. Guess I will know for sure once I get a new steering gear on there.
Attached Images

COLEFORBUS is offline   Reply With Quote