The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-02-2015, 10:59 AM   #1
indymachinist

New Guy From Indianapolis, IN

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum but not new to forums or cars in general. I live on the outskirts of Indianapolis and make my living as a CNC programmer/CNC machinist in the racing industry. I am a fair fabricator and can "weld" kind of. I am working to improve that skill all the time and hopefully will improve on it with a future project.

I have had a few newer GM trucks (94, 97, 07) and for the last 15 years or so have been pretty big into the import car scene, particularly Mazda RX-7s. I still love Mazdas but I think I am ready to move on to something different now.

When I was a new driver in high school I found a ratty looking old 69-72 range C10 short bed step side for sale. I fell in love with it pretty much right away and wanted it, but my dad was very against the idea at the time so I didn't end up with it. Well, last year I did the whole Hot Rod Power Tour and this year I was only able to make one stop, but it brought my love for these old trucks back up.

So now here I am, on the verge of selling my RX-7 and acquiring an old truck.

I want a 67-68 short bed step side and preferably in just off the farm/ratty condition. I know it will be a bit of a search to get ahold of something like that but I have been hunting for it already and thought I might have found what I am looking for yesterday but the guy won't call me so I assume someone on here probably found it first and already got it.

Attached are pics of my current daily driver Caprice wagon that I am totally in love with and my RX-7 toy car that spends more time in the garage than on the road.

Also I am attaching a pic of the truck I found for sale yesterday. That thing was pretty much right up my alley and I wanted it. WHICH ONE OF YOU GUYS GOT IT?!?!? It certainly seems these trucks go very quickly when they are for sale for a decent price...
Attached Images

indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
Lokin4AReason

Re: New Guy From Indianapolis, IN

welcome to the board ...
Old 07-06-2015, 09:59 PM   #3
Todd68Chevy

Welcome to the truck world. I have seen that truck on Craigslist but do not know anything about it. I am 20 miles south of Terre Haute, IN/ Interstate 70.

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.
Todd68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:20 PM   #4
Advanced Design

Welcome Indymachinist. Love your wagon! There is fun in the hunt so you will find the right one. Located SW of Terre Haute myself.

Do you work for one of the drag race teams?
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:29 PM   #5
indymachinist

Thanks for the welcomes!

I work in racing, just not the straight line kind.

I dont know what the deal was with the orange truck. The listing did eventually go away but it wasn't deleted by the seller... it was "flagged for removal" Not sure if they guy realized he didn't put a phone number in the ad or what but I emailed over and over with no response.

Honestly I am not quite ready to jump in and buy a new truck project because I still have my RX-7 that I plan to sell to make this project a reality. Also I have another project RX-7 in my garage I should really get finished up first. I still keep looking on craigslist almost every day though in case an ideal truck should happen to fall in my lap.

The funny thing about the wagon is when I was a teenager I probably would have rather burned it to the ground than be caught driving it. Somewhere along the line I pulled a complete 180 on that and its now one of my favorite cars I have ever owned. Its my work horse and I'm not afraid to use it for almost anything. It will likely tow whatever truck I end up buying home.

Most normal people pull boats with big trucks. I use the wagon!
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #6
Advanced Design

Great use for the wagon.

When I was in school I remember telling my girlfriend there was no way we would ever drive a wagon. If we need more room we will take two Trans Am's...now I would rather have a cool wagon or a Burb.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:37 PM   #7
slowcpe

Welcome from a fellow Hoosier. Also the owner of a '67 swb step side . I used to live up in your neck of the woods, southport and 37 to be exact. That was in my Mustang days. Good looking rx7.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:10 PM   #8
indymachinist

Found one! Just got home with it. More details later...
Attached Images