The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2003, 12:22 AM   #1
Mike Martin

Interior Color Question

I have a 82 GMC Jimmy. I have just put a new interior in the vehicle (I have had it since 1986.) The old interior was gray. I have put a black interior in the car. I got the seat covers from Classic Industries. I have painted all the remaining plastic and vinyl parts with vinyl/plastic paints from SEM Industries. It all looks pretty good. My question is as regards the interior color of the removable rear roof. The color of mine now is a gray. Did a Jimmy/Blazer with a black interior come new with the interior of the rear top painted black or did all Jimmy's/Blazers come with a gray rear roof interior color? ? All help is appreciated.
Mike Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 10:56 AM   #2
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I think they were all the off white that the outside of the top was. I have never had a newer one with a color keyed top, but I had a 75 with the black roof, and the inside was the off white. I would think it would get too hot in the summer with the roof black on the inside, and your dome lamp would hardly work either.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:36 AM   #3
Mike Martin

I believe you are right. If I paint it black it will look like a cave up in there. I am going to leave it the light gray that it is painted now. Thanks for your response.
Mike Martin
Mike Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 12:13 PM   #4
Grim Reaper

I happen to like the Cave look. You can make a headliner for the cap and it gets rid of a lot of the cave echo.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote