The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2017, 01:39 AM   #1
RedBeard68

Goldie gets her proper day in the sun /1968 slant nose

So I have owned this truck for 10 years and it has worn many hats in its time. She has been in cold storage for the last 4 years. I started gathering parts for the rebuild and face lift about 3 years ago (still gathering parts as things always change haha).

My pride and joy is a 1968 Chevy longbed C10 Custom cab with factory AC 25th anniversay edition. Phew a mouth full.

I brought her home a couple of weeks ago and got started. As of right now I only have one day a week I can work on the truck since there is a new born in the house and I work two jobs but winter is coming so late nights and busted knuckles here we come.

I will try and add more and more every weekend I get a chance. Ill update the rest of the new parts. There is a long lost of things to do. At this point once the motor is out just need to pull the frame and get started making a super solid foundation. She doesnt have patina but I am not going to paint her or change the outside execpt for cutting the side boxes into the bedsides and adding the lumber rack.

As of right now the plan is all new suspension and steering front to back. Obviously praise the lowered and bring her down even lower but as of now just a static drop with helper bags in the rear when loaded up. The motor is a 283 and will stay the same it was rebuild and put in less than 10000 miles ago. She currently has a t350 but will get a 200R4 instead for overdrive. The ignition system will be upgraded to a full msd set up and efi. I have a full black out msd 6al box, billet dist, coil and efi carb set up to improve engine performance. Lets face it not going to win any drag races or pull out a stump with the 283 but she will run nice and smooth. The rearend currently has 307's and not sure if thats going to stay the same or not but it needs to be rebuilt and cleaned up as well. The brakes will also be upgraded to discs in the front with drop spindles.
Attached Images

Last edited by RedBeard68; 10-23-2017 at 02:07 AM.
RedBeard68 is offline   Reply With Quote