The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
Brett K

Need pricing help on a 2013 purchase!

I am looking at picking up a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Short Box SLT. MSRP is at about 46,500. The problem is I don't qualify for many rebates. I got suckered in by 13,500 off sticker, but only about 4,500 applies to me since I don't have a GM or lease another brand.

I have a trade. 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX. Trade is at 14,500. I owe 3700. However, I plan on pulling out about 9k of equity to get my wife's photography business going. So, only about 1700 is going toward the price of the truck. So here is where I'm at....

The dealer wants me to finance 38,500otd and I would like to be at 35,000 otd. Do I have a snowballs chance at getting a truck with an msrp at 46500 down to 34500 without qualifying for all the rebates?
Brett K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
Dalaigh
Canadian Trucker

Re: Need pricing help on a 2013 purchase!

It doesn't hurt to ask, if they want it off the lot, they'll try to make a deal.

2020 Silverado Trail Boss - 6.2/10spd
Dalaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Build the truck on Edmonds and KBB.com. Get the actual invoice cost and tell them you will buy at 200.00 below invoice. Your not going to get it much lower than that.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
esbstuff

Rule of thumb on new vehicle purchases...

Base price is base price. Not much (if at all) dicker there...

Options... Take option price and divide by 2.

Take base price and add option total then subtract incentives and that is what you can buy a vehicle for cash (no trade).

Don't worry about the dealer or salesman making money. This formula leaves about 2K for the dealer to make on the vehicle purchase. Its justs not going to be a homerun for the dealer.

DISCLAMER: This doesn't work new models (Say the 14's or the new SS Camaros) or special editions that are in high demand... The dealer knows they are going to get full retail, so there is no incentive to dicker.

Problem is this only works on outright purchases, not on deals that have trade-ins. Most people can't of don't want to take the time to sell their vehicle they have now, so they trade it into the dealer. JUST remember this... the dealer can go to an auction and buy used vehicles for wholesale, so they just 'give' you a better price so you will trade with them. They are only giving up their 'profit' on the options...Hope this makes sense.

Example... Just this week, my dad bought a new 13, reg cab, 6.0l, LS 2500hd 4x4 for $21,500 cash (no trade in) after incentives. The truck stickered for $43K plus.

My parents have used this formula for years and have bought outright 2 new Fords, 4 new GM trucks (88, 99, 02, 13) and 2 Tahoes' (02 and 12) from 4 dealers w/no problems.

SOOO to answer your question Brett K, You you should have no problem buying for less... Sell your current ride outright, take the equity and give it to your wife and buy your new truck. I would start at 25K and work from there. If you have a true salesman, you will leave with a new truck! Good luck!!!

Last edited by esbstuff; 11-01-2013 at 05:33 PM.
esbstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
dan42

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbstuff View Post
Rule of thumb on new vehicle purchases...

Base price is base price. Not much (if at all) dicker there...

Options... Take option price and divide by 2.

Take base price and add option total then subtract incentives and that is what you can buy a vehicle for cash (no trade).

Don't worry about the dealer or salesman making money. This formula leaves about 2K for the dealer to make on the vehicle purchase. Its justs not going to be a homerun for the dealer.

DISCLAMER: This doesn't work new models (Say the 14's or the new SS Camaros) or special editions that are in high demand... The dealer knows they are going to get full retail, so there is no incentive to dicker.

Problem is this only works on outright purchases, not on deals that have trade-ins. Most people can't of don't want to take the time to sell their vehicle they have now, so they trade it into the dealer. JUST remember this... the dealer can go to an auction and buy used vehicles for wholesale, so they just 'give' you a better price so you will trade with them. They are only giving up their 'profit' on the options...Hope this makes sense.

Example... Just this week, my dad bought a new 13, reg cab, 6.0l, LS 2500hd 4x4 for $21,500 cash (no trade in) after incentives. The truck stickered for $43K plus.

My parents have used this formula for years and have bought outright 2 new Fords, 4 new GM trucks (88, 99, 02, 13) and 2 Tahoes' (02 and 12) from 4 dealers w/no problems.

SOOO to answer your question Brett K, You you should have no problem buying for less... Sell your current ride outright, take the equity and give it to your wife and buy your new truck. I would start at 25K and work from there. If you have a true salesman, you will leave with a new truck! Good luck!!!
Interesting formula, but can't you get them cheaper than that? And how do do you what incentives are available?
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote