The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2016, 01:32 AM   #26
Dave K.

Re: Transport Company Recommendations????

Quoted price, hasn't been picked up yet.
Dave K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:10 PM   #27
schwoch1
Local Detroit diesel nut!

Not sure if you still are looking, but I had Countryside Auto Transport out of Menasha, WI ship my '75 F100 from Phoenix, AZ to me in SE Wisconsin. Driver was decent, price was a bit higher than I wanted it to be, but they picked up on Thursday morning and dropped off Monday just before noon. Driver said he would of been here earlier except he hit his 34 hour reset. I had to wait 3 weeks before they could pick it up because I hit them right at snowbird time!!! Give them a call and see what they have to say. Here is there link http://www.countrysideauto.com/

Hope this helps
Mike
Old 10-10-2016, 09:52 PM   #28
Dave K.

Thanks, I'll give them a yell tomorrow and see what they say. Will advise how things go.

FYI, the company that quoted me $795 is called Cobalt Logistics based in MO. The guy I spoke to seems cool--name was Devin. Anyone ever use them?

I used to have a company I used a lot out of Oregon but they're long since defunct unfortunately. They were great to work with and cheap... boy I miss them now.
Dave K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:57 PM   #29
gigamanx

uShip turned out very successful for me. Got a bid from someone for the next day and it arrived about 30 hours later on my doorstep. No fuss, no mess. $850 for the 1300 mile trip on an open transport trailer. Now to start my build!!
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #30
jr1000yarder

I have been in contact with a uSHIP driver and think I'm good to go. Hes gonna fetch my truck in KY and swing over to TN and fetch my buddy buckets and bring it all home to PA.....
I was able to get his # directly without booking thru USHIP. I'll let you know how it pans out. No payment until delivery.....
Old 11-04-2016, 12:54 PM   #31
CrewCab59

I just had 2 trucks delivered by Bull Runn Trucking ( Owner Operator ) Terry was easy to work with and price was great.

Terry Bullock
309-737-8253

Thanks
1971 Chevy CST Blazer 4x4
1971 Chevy C/10
1970 Cab Chassis C30 157"
1971 Cab Chassis Custom 30 Deluxe 157" 292/4spd ( Napco Replica )
1988 Chevy V30 4x4 wrecker challenger 4812
CrewCab59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #32
harrisoncole4

Has anyone dealt with any good companies that do cross border (Can/US) and/or Canadian shipping at a reasonable rate?
harrisoncole4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 04:20 PM   #33
weq92f

Recently went through this myself and ended up opting to simply drive it myself cross country. The quotes I got were 1 dollar per mile covered, where open air transport was just over half that from a few others.

Avoid brokers if possible.

Hth,

-weq
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:51 PM   #34
KevinK7

Reviving an old thread...

I've used InterCity Lines a few times (cross country, 1st Gen Camaros), Never an issue, highly professional. Most likely will use again for the longhaul trip.

With that said, Anyone have recommendations for shipping CA to NV?
I've got price quotes in the $300 range, which for the time and gas, I don't think that's a bad deal.
Just wondering if anyone has used any 'local' west coast shippers for a short run?

Thanks,

Kevin
KevinK7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:33 PM   #35
Killer Bee

don't know what all the numbers and scores mean, but this guy did a great job for me on a 65 C20 from MO to CA couple of years ago..

was nice and polite to my Mom on the pickup end and delivered to my driveway as promised..

he lives in Temecula I believe and I found him through a broker..

RONNIE MONTOJO CHANG (California Transport Company)

last year I used UZ Auto Trans through Montway Transport to ship 72 K1500 suburban from CO to CA, also positive experience..
Old 02-25-2018, 01:46 AM   #36
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

I wonder if any one of these guys that do transport.I wonder if the shippers had a C130 transport plain.I bet there are a few guys that own the C130 and would get it there in 2-4 days.It cost a little bit to get it to one state or across the country.If they can transport hummers and jeeps and deuce 1/2 I bet they could transport are old chevy trucks or classic car's and trucks
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:54 PM   #37
KevinK7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
don't know what all the numbers and scores mean, but this guy did a great job for me on a 65 C20 from MO to CA couple of years ago..

was nice and polite to my Mom on the pickup end and delivered to my driveway as promised..

he lives in Temecula I believe and I found him through a broker..

RONNIE MONTOJO CHANG (California Transport Company)

last year I used UZ Auto Trans through Montway Transport to ship 72 K1500 suburban from CO to CA, also positive experience..

Nothing yet, but I did look Ronnie up. He's only an hour away from the truck I need shipped. I gave him a call, he said he wasn't running for another month, so I asked if he could recommend anyone. He's supposed to call me back in a couple hours.
Not sure what will come of it, but he seemed like a nice enough guy.
I'll keep you guys posted

Kevin
Old 03-08-2018, 08:31 PM   #38
KevinK7

Just wanted to follow-up and post in this thread...

I never used it, but had excellent luck with Uship (www.uship.com).

I didn't know how it worked, but effectively you post what it is you want shipped, where from and to, and put a price you're willing to pay. They provide you with an average 'range' of what shipping might cost, so you can set your price accordingly.
You will (in my case within an hour) get responses from shippers willing to accept your price. Primarily based on their feedback, you have an idea on their reputation. Once you accept a shipper's offer, you make payment to USHIP, who then holds payment until the shipper has successfully made delivery. At that point, you 'release' the funds and that's it.

I ended up using PLATINUM SHIPPING out of California and the guys were awsome. Picked the truck up within a couple days, called ahead before arrivals and delivery went as smooth as can be. Actually even delivered the truck ahead of time.

In my case the delivery was from California to Las Vegas, $280. For the time and fuel to drive out and back, it was well worth it.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:34 AM   #39
dave6672

I'm currently trying to ship a Suburban from Tracy, CA to my home in KY. Montway had the lowest bid of around $1200, saying it would be picked up in 1 - 5 days. After about two weeks it hadn't moved so I canceled with them. After I canceled, they called and said they had someone to pick it up for $1700but I passed. I am now going through a local trucking company who uses Ready Logistics and it is supposed to be in KY in 10 to 15 days for $1600. It's been fours days so far and it hasn't been picked up yet.

1972 K20
1972 C20 Highlander
1957 Chevy 210 Delray
1967 C10
dave6672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:51 AM   #40
KevinK7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6672 View Post
I'm currently trying to ship a Suburban from Tracy, CA to my home in KY. Montway had the lowest bid of around $1200, saying it would be picked up in 1 - 5 days. After about two weeks it hadn't moved so I canceled with them. After I canceled, they called and said they had someone to pick it up for $1700but I passed. I am now going through a local trucking company who uses Ready Logistics and it is supposed to be in KY in 10 to 15 days for $1600. It's been fours days so far and it hasn't been picked up yet.

It may not be in your case, but something I meant to comment on in my post yesterday is that I wanted to avoid brokers. Not that they are all bad, but it just seems there is less control on who gets the job.
Through Uship, I was able to know which shippers were independent and that was an added bonus.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #41
dave6672

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK7 View Post
It may not be in your case, but something I meant to comment on in my post yesterday is that I wanted to avoid brokers. Not that they are all bad, but it just seems there is less control on who gets the job.
Through Uship, I was able to know which shippers were independent and that was an added bonus.
Montway was using brokers as many do. The one I'm with now is not so they are the ones that are going to be picking it up. Awesome looking C20 by the way! Love the tool box bed.

1972 K20
1972 C20 Highlander
1957 Chevy 210 Delray
1967 C10
dave6672 is offline   Reply With Quote