The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-27-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
Niterider

Smile New to C-10's

Hey guys, I am not new to customizing rides, just new to the C-10 scene. Will be asking lots of questions if I cannot find what I seek using search! Here is the interview info!!

Truck Info
• Manufacturer: Chevrolet
• Year: 1985
• Suspension type: 2wd
• Modifications: rear axle flip kit, drop shocks, will be dropping the front to match in a few days
• Front Brakes: disc
• Rear Brakes: drums
• Steering: stock
• Rear differential type / Gears: not sure

Body
• Color Scheme: red

Interior
• Color: red
• Material: carpet
• Wiring: new painless wiring harness
• Modifications: jvc cd player
• Steering wheel/Column: tilt
• Stereo/Speakers/Amps: not yet
• Air Conditioning: of course
• Instrument Gauges: most work

Engine
• Cubic Inch: 350
• Camshaft: stock
• Cylinder heads: stock
• Valve Covers: chrome
• Intake Manifold: edelbrock performer
• Ignition System: ac delco
• Exhaust type: Longtube headers, true duals, turndowns before rear axle
• Carburetor or Fuel Injection: 650 Holly 4bb with street avenger

Transmission
• Automatic / Standard: TH350 auto
• Torque Converter: stock
• Modifications: none
• Shifter type: column
• Drive Shaft: stock

Biography
• Name: Ray
• Little Info: 33 years old, Air Force veteran OIF/OEF, married with 3 children, a girl and two boys, 7, 4, and 3. I work as a CNC operator at a oil and gas tubing factory. I put threads on the ends of pipe ranging in diameter from 2-3/8, up to 5-1/2 inches. Love to cruise down to Cherokee Village and rent a lake house/pontoon boat and drink some beer and listen to good music with the family.
• How long have you owned your truck? About 3 months
• What made you decide to buy this truck? Been looking for a while, saw it sitting there and it looked lonely and the price was right ($2500).
• How do you store your truck, at home, garage, outside etc? What do you enjoy about your truck the most? Sits in my shop in the back yard. I enjoy the rumble of true duals with turn downs at 3k rpm on the highway
• Who or what was your biggest influence in building your truck? Went to Pigeon Forge Tennessee to the Grand Spring Rod Run car show, and saw some very tricked out C-10’s and loved the stances and hot rod look of these trucks
• What/who is you favorite/best part source? LMC truck catalog
• What are some things have helped your project to be a success? My extreme attention to detail helps me ensure its done right the first time
• What is the history behind your truck? I only know that it came from Tennessee and was wrecked once, has many new parts on it.
• What do you use your truck for? (hauling, cruising, daily driver,shows, drag racing, work truck, mudding etc): I use it for a little bit of everything, when I need to hit up Lowes, it’s the vehicle of choice!
• What is your favorite memory with your truck? Havent made any great ones yet
• Whats your favorite modification done to truck and why? Have only installed a cd player and lowered the rearend, so guess the stance is my favorite thing so far.
• If you had one thing to do over on your build, what would it be and why?
• What are your future plans for your truck? I want to do a complete air ride suspension and put some nice wheels and tires on her, and get the interior updated with new bucket seats and new interior panels, dash and gauges. I want the inside to look the way it did when it rolled off the assembly line back in 1985.
• What words of advice do you have to people who are just starting out with their project? Don’t expect to go from blah to bling before your next meal. Great trucks were not made in less than a day.

Niterider is offline   Reply With Quote