The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

This is Insane....

Seriously, what is it with some companies and their prices on shipping?!

I'm looking for some 4" lowering coils for the rear of my truck, I ordered some from Classic Parts after hearing about their cheap prices, reasonable shipping times, and good quality parts. Well, I ordered them on January 1st, and my order has been on backorder since that day with no notice of when I will get the springs. I'm almost to the point of canceling my order with them and going with someone else.

So, I decided to go check ECE out after hearing some good things about them, well I'll be damned if their springs aren't five dollars more and the shipping is 41.00 compared to the 10.00 dollars shipping from Classic Parts. Honestly, how hard is it to get parts to someone effectively and at a decent price? These are business' here, they should have their stuff together.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get that off my chest. I'm so close to having my truck on the road and all I need is those coils for my complete suspension to be done. I'm biting at the bit to get them here and installed.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
texastrendz

Re: This is Insane....

do not rely on the shipping calculator on the website, make sure you call them. i ordered a set of drop spindles from them and price was totally diffrent when i called them compared to the internet price. if i recall it was only like 26.00 dollars to my door. oh with no tax either, out of state. i am talking about early classic of course.
texastrendz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #3
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Gotta x2 on shipping from ECE. Call them directly, don't rely on the web pricing. They even make note of that on thier site.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
chevy_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #4
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Check out http://www.gmcpauls.com/ and http://bumpandgrindgarage.com/

Great prices!

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Classic is huge so they eat some of the shipping and also get a better rate from shippers due to volume.That`s how businesses operate.The website calculator is a guess,basically,so it`s on the high side.That`s what I do when sending parts out.Florida`s a long way from California so shipping a pair of heavy springs will cost some bucks.ECE has the better product.I don`t consider waiting a week or two as that bad.When I hear "backorder" I expect at least a couple weeks unless they give me an ETA.A big company like that should have such a popular item in stock.With money tight,they prolly depleted stock before ordering because they place large orders to get thier pricing so low.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #6
neonlarry

Don't complain too much I just shipped a set of springs and struts to someone and shipping was $95 CA to MD.
neonlarry is offline   Reply With Quote