The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
ryanroo

Re: Project Family Chummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
Honestly your best bet is going to be to use the Chevy frame, Building a 4 link on the front of it to run the dodge 4x4 axle won't be all that hard.

You can shorten that frame to a short bed, that is going to be a much better route than trying to make that dodge frame work. I have long maintained that the Cummins engine is by far the best engine ever built put in the worst truck possible through a strange marriage.

I am ok with this though because there are a lot of worn out dying dodge trucks with perfectly good Cummins engines out there for the rest of us to stick in our Chevy's to replace the Turd of a diesel GM forced us to endure for so long.
X2

if you start scabbing parts of the GM onto the dodge frame in the end it will look pretty bad i think. my goal in building a vehicle is to have people look under it and say "wow, where did you have all this work done?" in an impressed manner. body swaps almost always never look like they are right, even if the fab work is superb it still looks funny. it will be really easy to mount the dodge stuff into the GM frame and still make it look like it belongs. all you have really done is require new engine mounts and transmission mounts and they are not that difficult to do.

ryan

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote