The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Our Stuff... In Scale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

This is what I am wanting in Die Cast

I did the search but didnt find exactly what I needed as grocery store purchase as to say..

These are cars and trucks I bought either new or used back years ago that were my pick of ones to have die cast models of

I would like the same color and year if possible ,but realize that not all years colors and models were made,, and that where i'd appreciate you all as experts in this can help me ,,

I would like to have a 1971 this color

I would like a 1939 just like this color doesn't matter just stock
Also a 1973 Chevy c-10 red and white

I would like to have a 1963 409 ,,maroon in color

I had a 1982 Toyota this color too long box

Anything and all on this would be appreciated ,if you have one and willing to part with it ..then message me and we can go from there..thx for lookin

Last edited by GOPAPA; 08-02-2014 at 08:58 PM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: This is what I am wanting in Die Cast

I know that Jada made a 1/24 scale blue & white Cheyenne SWB. It will have narrow whitewalls with chrome smoothies,but pretty darn close.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I know that Jada made a 1/24 scale blue & white Cheyenne SWB. It will have narrow whitewalls with chrome smoothies,but pretty darn close.
Yeah Tim ,,I seen that one and I could buy it now,,but I want stock for my curio cabinet ..darn it.! lol I wish I had of saved a photo of the one I was bidding on and goofed.. even though the mirrors were broken off I still wanted it .. thx for any help you can give me as one may turn up again,
Old 08-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

You should build one,or have someone build you one from AMT kits. They'd need the "1972 GMC Stepside" (SWB) and a "1972 Chevy Fleetside" (LWB),as well as one of the short Fleetside beds they sell on Ebay. The only difference will be the door panels. They may even still be the earlier design in the kit.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 08-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #5
GOPAPA

Quote:
You should build one,or have someone build you one from AMT kits. They'd need the "1972 GMC Stepside" (SWB) and a "1972 Chevy Fleetside" (LWB),as well as one of the short Fleetside beds they sell on Ebay. The only difference will be the door panels. They may even still be the earlier design in the kit.
Good idea Tim,,,for some one younger and good eyes and steady hands.. I am not to bad but bad enough to know It isnt the thing for me to try,,
I will wait and maybe find one in a shop around here or once in awhile I get on ebay,,or even better is if any of you die cast guys want to give me a heads up for what I am looking for ,,that would be really appreciated..
Old 08-21-2014, 05:53 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

There are guys who build models to your specs. I don't have anyone's info off hand and have no idea what they charge. But,there's a promo dealer I talk to at Carlisle that I've talked to about that with. He has some guy he knows,and he'll make the promos to match your car. Promos only came in a couple colors and with no detail painting. Anyway,just a thought.

You know,Hot wheels now has a casting of the early Toyota 4wd out now,so that one is possible. I'm pretty sure there's a version of all those vehicles mentioned. You just have to become a toy collector to find them. Warning: Don't do it! (just keep casually looking and stay a normal person)

Tim

Old 08-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #7
GOPAPA

Quote:
There are guys who build models to your specs. I don't have anyone's info off hand and have no idea what they charge. But,there's a promo dealer I talk to at Carlisle that I've talked to about that with. He has some guy he knows,and he'll make the promos to match your car. Promos only came in a couple colors and with no detail painting. Anyway,just a thought.

You know,Hot wheels now has a casting of the early Toyota 4wd out now,so that one is possible. I'm pretty sure there's a version of all those vehicles mentioned. You just have to become a toy collector to find them. Warning: Don't do it! (just keep casually looking and stay a normal person)
Thx Tim
Old 08-28-2014, 04:19 PM   #8
silvereagle07

Hot wheels has a similar version of the Toyota. I just picked one up the other day from Target. Here's a link to some really good pics of it.

http://lamleydlm.blogspot.com/2013/0...ls-toyota.html

Here's a link to the Impala. It looks like you will have to get it from ebay or an individual. It's from the 2004 series.

http://hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/'63_Chevy_Impala

'84 GMC project truck
'85 Chevy 4X4 SOLD
'07 Chevy Trailblazer SS

5th Annual SHPHC Car/Truck Show Pics
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=543605 UPDATED PICS! CHECK 'EM OUT
silvereagle07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #9
1badgmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvereagle07 View Post
Hot wheels has a similar version of the Toyota. I just picked one up the other day from Target. Here's a link to some really good pics of it.

http://lamleydlm.blogspot.com/2013/0...ls-toyota.html
I just picked up that tan Toyota the other day.

They also have that casting in the Retro Entertainment Series for Back to the Future.

1badgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:05 PM   #10
Dieselburb86

Highway 61 made a two tone that was like your actual truck!
Dieselburb86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #11
ho70

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
I did the search but didnt find exactly what I needed as grocery store purchase as to say..

These are cars and trucks I bought either new or used back years ago that were my pick of ones to have die cast models of

I would like the same color and year if possible ,but realize that not all years colors and models were made,, and that where i'd appreciate you all as experts in this can help me ,,

I would like to have a 1971 this color

I would like a 1939 just like this color doesn't matter just stock
Also a 1973 Chevy c-10 red and white

I would like to have a 1963 409 ,,maroon in color

I had a 1982 Toyota this color too long box

Anything and all on this would be appreciated ,if you have one and willing to part with it ..then message me and we can go from there..thx for lookin
here is a pic of the hwy 61 diecast in 1/18-try ebay
Attached Images

ho70 is offline   Reply With Quote