The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Vorcutt

Disappointed with SKC

I know we all rely on word of mouth to locate quality vendors for parts to restore/maintain our trucks, so I'm going to sound off a little about how frustrated I am right now with the folks at Southern Kentucky Classics out of Bowling Green, KY. My first order (over $2,400.00) was short a couple of items, and another item was incorrect. They corrected the issue promptly, as they should have. On this order were some body panels (bedsides) which turned out to be made in Taiwan and of disappointing fit and finish....I guess maybe this is all that anybody stocks anymore? Now, after notifying them that they have sent me two LH reverse lights, they send me a RH defroster duct as the corrected order.....really?? Come on guys, pay attention!
Vorcutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
flashed

Re: Disappointed with SKC

I have placed several orders with them lately and only one small part missed being shipped and they immediately shipped it out .Just placed another order today with them .I think they all mess up from time to time but they are only human .Im sorry about your bad experience with them but I bet they will take care of you .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
Vorcutt

Re: Disappointed with SKC

They are very nice people, and I feel they know their stuff, but I was hoping not to be forced to deal with stuff like this. They will no doubt correct their mistake. This kind of inattention kind of puts them in the 'like everyone else' category, and I was expecting better.
Vorcutt is offline   Reply With Quote