The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-05-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

where can i find

I have a 98 K2500 single cab long bed 4x4 I need either new lower control arms complete with bushings or the bushings themselves and it appears that they no longer make them does anyone have a line on where I can get some new parts?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:24 AM   #2
EVRLET

Re: where can i find

Aren’t these what you’re looking for, maybe not since the answer was too easy to find:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...m+bushing,7532
Old 07-06-2019, 06:56 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Are you sure you've exhausted all resources? I have never replaced control arm bushings. I always buy the loaded control arms for an ez peezy job. It's been a while, so I hope they are still offered. These are GM Trucks that they seem to always have parts available for. Tons of them still in daily use... and they are the same as Tahoe/Yukons and Suburbans

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:41 AM   #4
95 S_Trucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
I have a 98 K2500 single cab long bed 4x4 I need either new lower control arms complete with bushings or the bushings themselves and it appears that they no longer make them does anyone have a line on where I can get some new parts?
Do you have stamped or cast lower control arms? I can find the bushings for the stamped control arm. I can’t find them for the cast control arm. I can dig deeper when I’m at my work computer on Monday.
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

I went to advance, Napa, and Autozone and none show any kind of listing for either... these are my control arms they look like cast but you all can chime in please
Attached Images

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Old 07-06-2019, 01:30 PM   #6
95 S_Trucker

They are cast. I will look on Monday for you.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:09 AM   #7
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 S_Trucker View Post
They are cast. I will look on Monday for you.
thank you

I hate cancer!!
Old 07-08-2019, 07:04 AM   #8
95 S_Trucker

Lower control arm bushings:

Lower control arm assemblies:

You will have to call your local gm dealers to find availability . The bushings are reasonably priced. The control arms are not.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:24 PM   #9
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

thank you now these are GM part numbers? im not finding these anywhere?

I hate cancer!!

Last edited by old Rusty C10; 07-08-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #10
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
thank you now these are GM part numbers? im not finding these anywhere?
Check GM Parts Giant (example). You'll find them there, but I can almost guarantee they'll be discontinued on all of them, given the age of our trucks. Anything more than 15-18 years old, many of the parts stocks are sold out.

But to his point, call your dealership. They may be able to reach out to your nearest GM depot to inquire what GM recommends for a replacement. Ran into this recently when replacing my intermediate shaft. Dealership internet parts guy got the part from the catalog, was the wrong part, he called GM depot in Raleigh and they sent him the reman part they recommend from Dorman. Sometimes it's a part from Standard. You never know, and if you get a good dealer parts guy who doesn't mind doing you a solid, they may hook you up.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #11
shifty
Questionable

PS - just for S&G, I plugged that last number I linked into eBay because a lot of times you can find extra stock of GM parts on there. I got an old stock 3rd brake light assembly for $20 a few months back when they're normally selling for $160.

Anyway, searching on 15027870 specifically, I found someone selling a Moog reman part (at 4x the cost on eBay, though versus Rock Auto's price). While some people gripe about Moog, I've always had good luck with their stuff.

Their suspension catalog: https://www.moogparts.com/parts/suspension.html

But I'll save you some legwork, plug the even-numbered part numbers above (15979772, 15027870) into their part finder: https://www.moogparts.com/find-my-part.html

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:55 AM   #12
68Gold/white

Well...
I got into rebuilding a 96 GMC 2500 4X4, 8600 GVW (it is the heavier GVW). It has torsion bar front suspension. The 8600 GVW WITH the torsion bar suspension HAS to have the forged lower control arms.

I looked at GM Parts Giant, the correct part numbers are discontinued, there...

I sold Moog parts for 13 years in an auto parts store, Their stuff is the preferred aftermarket brand. I have never heard complaints about Moog??? Who makes better stuff, than theirs???

ALTHOUGH, THEIR CATALOGING FOR THE PARTS IN QUESTION ON THIS THREAD, IS WRONG!!!

I used Shifty's Moog crossover reference, it is ALL wrong..
The RH side lower forged control arm correct part number is: 15027870. Moog crossed it to TWO numbers:
CK620298 which is a parts kit, tie rod ends, bushings, etc, NO LOWER CONTROL ARM, in the kit
RK 620298 is the second number, it is a stamped lower control arm, NOT A FORGED LOWER CONTROL ARM!!!

Another number Shifty listed was: 15979772, it crossed to Moog K200899. It is a bushing. I had one of those on hand. It looks similar to the factory bushing I removed, BUT IS about 3/8" too large in diameter. THis bushing will only fit one end of the control arm, the other end is shorter, IF IT COULD FIT, AND IT DOES NOT!!! THeres another bushing "kit" listed for the lower control arm (K6329), it has 2 bushings in it, they are for the stamped control arm, not even close to working in the forged control arm.

Having said all this, There is an answer! There is a control arm available!!! BUT it takes some modifying it a couple of areas to make work.
My OReillys folks found a listing for a 2000 model of this pickup. It is the last year for this chassis/body. In 2000 they chenged chassis and body. IF, IF you look up these control arms for the early 2000 model, they ARE listed. Precision part numbers 11CB50060 abd 11CB50061 I don't know which side is left or right. Moog has even and odd number system for these things, not sure if Precision does,

The Precision lower control arms fit. THey bolt up, the ball joints are correct, but several modifications need to be made to them to make them work.

I will try to post the pictures I took, here, soon!!!
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote