The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 11:19 PM   #1
LGCC10

Ripped off by board member?

I got ripped off by a board member... "crawlin70"...
Jeff Grass from Escalon, CA..... Sent him a money order for step side fenders that he advertised on the parts board on 3/17/03...said he shipped them out on 4/25 and I still have not received them. I email and PM him consistentley and get no response....he took my $210 without a problem....if you know of him, please get in touch either way because I want my money back or the parts...he's a fraud as far as I'm concerned.

What should I do? Do you know of him?

Peter
Old 06-21-2003, 11:34 PM   #2
r0lf-
Hotwheels?

did he give you tracking numbers for the items and such? You really should have had a better verbal agreement.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:34 PM   #3
Power Trip
Got Caddy?

well that is real FU**ING ****ty I cant believe people would do that. I would put his address up here and see if anybody is close by.Jim
Looks like a chevy, runs like a caddy!
Old 06-21-2003, 11:42 PM   #4
LGCC10

He said that UPS would not ship because of the size, and that he "lost he but on the deal but it was worth it to help out a fellow trucker". He had to use a trucking company, and that he would find out what was going on weeks ago I even asked for the name of the company and I would find out and got no response.

His name is

Jeff Grass
Escalon CA
Old 06-22-2003, 12:11 AM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

send the moderator a PM he can sometimes help some

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Old 06-22-2003, 01:29 AM   #6
Stroker

I do not know anything about crawlin70, but what he told you about shipping the step fenders by one of the ground carriers is true. I also found that shipping them by truck freight is very expensive Greyhound is much cheaper. But I agree two months have passed since he claimed to have shipped something smells a little rotten to me. I sure hope he does the right thing and either returns your money or gets your parts to you very soon. Good Luck and hope everything pans out...Stroker
Old 06-22-2003, 03:09 AM   #7
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Well, we need to get this guy, "Policed up"!---literally!!! If he won't answer all of you emails right away, he has a problem and it needs to be taken care of.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:22 AM   #8
jays68yak

woooohoooo there buddy
Can you please take that address and phone number off of the site. There is no need for that. I know Jeff and he is a great guy. Has helped me and another friend out a few times. He is camping out are the races this weekend and once he gets back I'll talk to him and see whats up. Im sure its all a misunderstanding.

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. "
Old 06-22-2003, 03:25 AM   #9
Liftedassdodge
The Stunt Guy

WHOA!!!

Jeff is a stand up guy, one of the best guys ive ever met, hes in my 4wd club and a good friend of mine

hes helped me out countless times with my truck and he currently has my cr500 cause hes borrowing it. I dont think id trust a $2500 piece of machinery to someone that wasnt trustworthy. As jays68yak said hes camping out at the nascar races. Im sure he will square up with you as soon as he sees this. And those names and addresses arent right just to tell you. Ive known the guy for quite a while now and i talk to him almost every day.

Dont jump to conclutions with this guy, hes cool, and doesnt do anyone wrong. If you wanna talk to more people about him go to www.norcalbigdawgs.net and post on the board over there, about everyone there knows him and will vouch for him.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:26 AM   #10
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

I have banned said member, I'll email him and let him know whats up. I have removed the address/phone #, in the future DO NOT post personal information like that on the board.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Old 06-22-2003, 03:31 AM   #11
Liftedassdodge
The Stunt Guy

check your pms, i pmed you, no need to bring my opinion to the board on your banning of jeff
Old 06-22-2003, 08:19 AM   #12
hughnews1

well I got ripped off by Primer67 for 2 doors from AZ ,, $200 never got the doors or $200 .. so yes It can happen on the board even had other board member drive by the last address..
Old 06-22-2003, 11:25 AM   #13
Smooth68

Stand up guy or not - its been almost 2 months and this buyer has gotten no response from seller or no refund. When there's alot of money involved and people are very long distanses away from each other, I say use every option a guy has to get some results. If it is a misunderstanding, it will be shown. Until then LGCC10 is out in the cold for is cash or parts.

Maybe some of these sellers don't realize what its like to be on the other end of the deal. They may just be trying to figure out shipping or something but with no word for a long period, people can get nervous about getting ripped off.

WTB 64-66 project or frame/cab, SWB or LWB...I have the fever! Whatcha got??

'68 Short Step - Shaved Body, Soon Bagged - SOLD

Driver-2004 GMC Z-71 Ext-cab

Last edited by Smooth68; 06-22-2003 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:57 AM   #14
LGCC10

If Jeff is a good guy, that is great and I hope that this is cleared up soon. I'm not looking to bash the guy but I have made many attemps to find out what is going on. If I offended anyone by posting personal info I do apologize. I would like to thank the poeple who are going to talk to Jeff and find out what is going on.

Thanks,
Pete
Old 06-22-2003, 12:26 PM   #15
chris672

Shipping companies do lose stuff or the address falls off and they have no idea where it is supposed to go. It happens all the time. I also know Jeff and have wheeled with him. He has no reason to rip someone off for $200. He just gave away a fully caged s-10 body with a custom dash for free. If he says that he shipped the fenders then I would believe him and you should be bad mouthing the shipping company, not Jeff
Old 06-22-2003, 01:20 PM   #16
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chris672
If he says that he shipped the fenders then I would believe him and you should be bad mouthing the shipping company, not Jeff
What shipping company? It sounds like Peter has been trying to eek that information out of the seller for some time. Should he just call ALL shipping companies and "bad mouth" them? Seems like the seller could provide a little information to help the process along.

Kenneth
Old 06-22-2003, 01:44 PM   #17
BLAZIN'72

Well said XXL. What do you expect the man to do? Sit back and wait while crawlin70's out at the races having a good time? If you read the posts you'll notice that it was powertrip who suggested he post his address. I know lots of guys I would trust with just about anything I own, does that mean that the rest of you should?
Old 06-22-2003, 01:46 PM   #18
SCOTI

A deal is not completed until both parties get what they agreed on. Now, since we don't know all the details of this particular deal, it sounds like 'crawlin70' got the money they agreed on (in a timely manner?), but 'LGCC10' hasn't gotten his parts.

If I were to sell something to a fellow board member, I would follow up on that sale to make sure it went right. Tracking #'s, dates shipped, ETA's are all pretty simple things to communicate so the purchaser can feel confident the seller is doing his part.

If there's a problem w/shipping, simply communicate the prob so it doesn't get compounded. If it's going to take a few weeks to get it shipped because your busy, let the buyer know in advance. When something leaves your posession @ the shippers, your not absolved of the situation until it arrives in the buyers posession. If they were lost, then both parties should work toward a resolution that's equally acceptable. Always pay whatever extra it costs for a tracking # to trace the status of the shipment, as well as insurance, in case something goes wrong (although that still doesn't garantee[sp?] there won't be a problem).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 06-22-2003 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:06 PM   #19
Liftedassdodge
The Stunt Guy

well hes off at the races, hes had this planned for months, and im sure he didnt mean to do this, just wait till he gets back
Old 06-23-2003, 01:34 PM   #20
jamesi20

HE GOT ME TOO

THIS JEFF CHARACTER GOT ME TOO FOR FIFTY BUCKS FOR SOME WINDOW REGULATORS.I FIGURE WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND
Old 06-23-2003, 02:08 PM   #21
Liftedassdodge
The Stunt Guy

this doesnt seem like jeff
Old 06-23-2003, 02:09 PM   #22
crawlin70

well pete if you have tried to im me its beond me cause you have been harrasing my wife for a week now. yea i fawked up . i have the fenders sitting here. i have been trying to find away to ship them when i put this stuff up for sale i did not know it was going to be a hassle to ship them. thanks for the heads up on greyhound i am gonna give them a call. the cheepest place i have found to ship them is 230 so yea im gonna lose my ass on this. it will be taken care of. im sorry i have not got back to you but i have been working 18 to 20 hrs aday. 2 jobs just to try and get my life straightend out. i sent you a pm just wanted to make sure everyone knew i was not avoiding this. as far as james i sent you one set and they where signed for 2 months ago. send me your fawkin addy and i will send you the set out of my truck i dont care. im not out to screw anybody but yea i got in over my head.
just like some parts with et's truck. i sent him a set of doors and the freght company smashed one and set the shipment back to me. it took me a month to find adoor as good as the other. well now the freight company wont ship them so im fawked once again. i told him i would send him his cash back as soon as i got it. hopfully this friday. oh and for the rest of you yea i went to the races it was my b-day present from my parents i got back in jan. so you can all screw off.

i have lerned on thing through this dont sell part unless the person can arrange shipping or pick them up.

oh and if ya all wana fawk with me my email is jeffg@centerstatepipe.com
Old 06-23-2003, 02:23 PM   #23
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

LGCC10

I hope this action on the board has gotten you some relults. Two months and he still has your parts...get your $$$back and move on. Don't try to make him take a big loss on shipping, even if he doesn't know what he is doing and is too wrapped up in other things to do what he said he would do. We don't want to screw with Jeff or any one else, but if you take someone's $$$, you better be able to produce the parts!!! Get out of this deal and try again somewhere else. My little nickles worth
Old 06-23-2003, 02:26 PM   #24
SCOTI

I don't believe anyone had a problem w/you going to the races. Happy B-day.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:27 PM   #25
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

LGCC10: You say that he said that he shipped them 4/25? But he just said that he hasn't shipped them? I'm confused. Sounds like you've been Brian Wolfed! I'd ask for your money back.

Wow...... that must have been a loooooooong race! Who won??

Last edited by Slammed67; 06-23-2003 at 02:33 PM.
Closed Thread