The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 02:31 PM   #26
fine69

Dang, working all those hours and still has time to camp out at the races!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2003, 02:32 PM   #27
Liftedassdodge
The Stunt Guy

why is everyone so ready to point fingers when they dont even know the guy, havent you guys ever had a hard time in your life, yeah well if you dont understand i suggest you piss off, jeff is good to his word, just stick with him on it
Old 06-23-2003, 02:33 PM   #28
jays68yak

Jeff is not out to screw anyone. Like he said he has been busy with two jobs. I know its not an excuse to atleast let the buyer know whats going on. But why do you think half the board members wont ship big items? Cuz its a biatch to deal with it all. I have faith in Jeff that he will make it right one way or another.

Instead of pointing fingers and tossing wood into the fire why dont we try to help the partys involved out? Any of you dealers have pointers for people trying to ship big items? PICKMUP how do you ship fenders?

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. "

Last edited by jays68yak; 06-23-2003 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:39 PM   #29
pissonNOS

some one should haevdone there homeowrk on this guy i mean he only has 6 posts under his name so someone should have asked around about him first
Old 06-23-2003, 02:44 PM   #30
jays68yak

FYI on the post thing:
norcalbigdawgs: 230 posts
pirate4x4: 159 posts

Maybe hes busy working, unlike me, to rack up posts.

Old 06-23-2003, 02:45 PM   #31
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

He should have told him that he was having a problem getting them shipped instead of lying about it. Plain and simple. I've had front fenders shipped via Grayhound for about $37.00.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:53 PM   #32
crawlin70

well rear stepside are about 4 times as wide as a front. bu im gonna try and find out
Old 06-23-2003, 03:14 PM   #33
*MJF*
No longer truckless

I'm not taking any sides here. I like this board for the fact that there is a ton of info about 67-72 trucks, but I learned quick that I won't buy or sell here anymore unless I can meet face to face or I'm in an extreme emergency for something.

ALmost every deal I have made here be it selling or buying, I have gotten screwed. And I hardly ever sell anything. I usually give it away. Even so, the scumbags won't reimburse me for shipping expenses.

The couple things I can remember right now are: the carb I bought that was missing linkage pieces but was supposedly pulled off a running truck. Right. The other is a detroit locker I sold for $50 & never got paid. Most of the other ones are me giving stuff away for free & not getting the shipping money back.

I'm not trying to bash the board. Just relaying my experiences here. The way I look at buying parts from a message board is: don't spend more than you would be comfortable losing.

EDIT: I just had an afterthought. I can think of two deals that went well. I bought some parts from CPNE & everything was great. I also bought stuff from some guy in TX(bob villa or bill vista, I can't remember). He even sent the parts to me before I had sent him the money. SO it's not all bad.

Last edited by *MJF*; 06-23-2003 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:27 PM   #34
knucklebuster
Failure is NOT an option!

Man,where was I when you sold the locker for 50$?!!

1969 Chevy Shortbed Fleetside
1969 Camaro ps pb a/c(drove in high school now it's just a yard ornament,but it's next on the list for resto)
1990 Ni$$an hardbody( daily beater that has been really beaten!)
1999 Grand Am GT(wifes ride...never buy a pontiac!!Trust Me)
Old 06-23-2003, 04:59 PM   #35
Long Knight
Spank 'em if you got 'em!

Quote:
Sounds like you've been Brian Wolfed!
LOL!! Holy Smokes!

'71 C-20, 350ci, TH350, Edl. 1406 Carb w/elec.choke, Ignitor ignition, Viper Tires, Orange Dipstick
Old 06-23-2003, 05:59 PM   #36
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Now you see why I don't ship big items. But all I can say is once I sell something and get their money I ship it out ASAP. I understand about things going bad in your life but you can't take someones money and not send parts and not expect them to be upset with you. I've had GREAT dealings with many many many members on this board and will continue to do so.
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
Old 06-24-2003, 12:03 AM   #37
breeh
Recovering 67-72 Addict

It is interesting to hear that you have had so many deals go bad MJF. Knock on wood, but I have had nothing but honest dealings with people on this board. Unfortunately, there is always going to be a percentage of deadbeats but I would say that the percentage of deadbeats is probably less than 5%.

I take it back. I did have one bad deal with Bo and Texas Parts or whatever he calls himself.

"Friends call me cruzer cuz I like fast cars and fast women"
Old 06-24-2003, 12:22 AM   #38
*MJF*
No longer truckless

I can't remamber all the circumstances or even the people who never paid me. I do remember the guys username that screwed me on the carb though.

Mostly it was my fault I got screwed. When I would give something away to someone, I would tell them I would go ahead & ship it & they could reimburse me for shipping costs after they get it. Most of them never did. I even shipped the locker so he could inspect it & then he was supposed to send the money. That one's only been a few weeks ago so I still have a tiny bit of hope that I'll see the money.

I think the only thing I have bought & been screwed over by was the carb that came off a running truck. I held onto it for a couple months(never even took it out of the box he shipped it to me in) & then tried to resell it to another member. He decided he couldn't use it so I just told him to keep it since it was junk to me missing the linkage parts. Hopefully he got the parts for it & got it working. It would at least be good to know someone got something out of my $150.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:23 AM   #39
lilwes278

I'd just like to say that I've purchased several things from Jeff with absolutely no problems at all. He's always been pretty cool to talk to, and has even helped me solve a couple technical problems I was having with my truck. On one occasion, when I went to pick up some front springs from him, he threw in some extra u-bolts and some shocks he had laying around, free of charge. Jeff is a stand-up guy that works his ass off, both at work and at home. I have never hesitated to do business with him, and this post will not discourage me from doing any future business with him.

Also, to the people who do not know either the buyer or the seller, but decided to chime in with their 2 cents: GET A LIFE. Your unsolicited comments and criticism are neither helpful nor necessary, so keep them to yourself.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:17 AM   #40
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Your first post huh??? You come on here telling people what they should or shouldn't do??? How would you like it if you bought something from across the U.S. and never recieve it???
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
Old 06-24-2003, 07:44 AM   #41
70cst

Ok...My .0002 cents worth. What lesson can we learn here?
Communication is the key!! I have purchased stuff off this board and other boards and have not had any problems but the key to my success as been good communiacation. Yes...I know...I will some day be taken to the cleaners but that's part of life. No I'm not rich and no I can't afford bad deals but after reading all these emails maybe it's time to sit back and see if LGCC10-Pete and Crawlin 70-Jeff can resolve this sitaution. I bet those on the Ford side of life are reading this and having a great time. Jeff also has good feedback from those who know him so he can't be all bad. If Jeff is working 18-20 hours per day then maybe he should not be dealing in truck parts and spend that time with his family and getting sleep. Thats a lot of time at work and does not leave much time for rest and relaxation. And two months does seem a tab long to close a deal. I think by now Jeff and Pete have made their points so lets see if they can resolve this issue. Life is to short and our trucks are to much fun to get this bent out of shape. Look on the bright side...In 100 years who's going to remember this little episode of life.

Happy Trucking and Good Luck Pete and Jeff!!! 70cst
Old 06-24-2003, 02:56 PM   #42
Maximum Overdrive
December 21, 2012

My .02 cents on selling something. (not directed to anyone in particular)

If someone sells something and receives payment they have no excuse for not sending it right out. No time, work too much? Tough! If you have time to post something for sale and accept and cash the payment then a person has more than enough time to complete the transaction the same day as payment received. Going to cost you more than you thought to ship? Tough! Should have never offered to sell it in the first place.
If someone cant complete the transaction? Then send the payment amount back. Spent payment and dont have the money to repay? Then pawn everything you got until you have enough money to pay back.

On another note isnt it interesting how these "new" members appear on this thread. Are they really "new" members?
Old 06-24-2003, 03:02 PM   #43
jays68yak

hey do i look new to you? Ive been here for a while.
Liftedassdodge is a friend of mine who introduced me to crawlin70. So the three of us are all different people and none of which have posted under different names on this board.

Old 06-24-2003, 03:21 PM   #44
crawlin70

pawn off everything i own well that wont be much you asshat yea i got in over my head i have talked to pete so **** your fawkin piehole. i got 5 mouth's to feed my family comes first why do you think i work 2 jobs sure aint for the fun of it. like i said asshat you wana start baggin on me send me a email and tell me how you really feel
Old 06-24-2003, 03:26 PM   #45
SCOTI

Jays68, I think M.O. was referring to 'lilwes278' & his first post.

It's great for you to support your buddy. There's also nothing wrong w/other board members supporting the guy who hasn't got his parts (@ least he hadn't got them when this all started).

If the parts are alot harder to ship than what was expected, there's no sense in the seller losing his ass on the deal, simply refund the money promptly. It's as simple as that. We understand he feels he's helping a fellow trucker out but if the buyer hasn't gotten his parts after 2 months, I don't see that as helping.

With the money refunded, the guy can go look closer to home for the fenders he wants & the seller can perhaps still make what he wanted originally for the fenders by selling them to someone in his area & then both are happy.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:41 PM   #46
landon4421
Life is Good !

I was not going to respond to this thread but after rereading the thread twice, and reading all the bashing. the bottom line, I feel that LGCC10 got screwed by crawlin70 period. Now matter how you look at it he got screwed. Just the fact that crawlin70, took two months to respond to LGCC10. Just my .02 cents.

lilwes278, Tread lightly here, or they will bomb on you.:p

I dont want to get anyone mad at me but you guys are crazy, I hope I dont piss off any board members. Can't we all just get along.
:p
'14 Honda Accord Sport "commuter"
Old 06-24-2003, 03:45 PM   #47
Long Knight
Spank 'em if you got 'em!

Quote:
I dont want to get anyone mad at me but you guys are crazy, I hope I dont piss off any board members. Can't we all just get along.
No, this beaver is crazy!
Attached Images

'71 C-20, 350ci, TH350, Edl. 1406 Carb w/elec.choke, Ignitor ignition, Viper Tires, Orange Dipstick
Old 06-24-2003, 04:32 PM   #48
mdill

Hey I am sure we all have had deals go bad,
many of the times it is just miss understandings
under estimating shipping ... Sounds like
Crawin70 just miss guessed shipping.
Sometimes it is better to walk away give the buyer
his money back explain why you can't do the deal,
there is no reason to ship a part for less than
what you got. Make the buyer whole though a refund
say your sorry and move on.

Mike D.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:00 PM   #49
COBALT

*MJF*: Yes, you're right to say that whole carb deal was your own fault. I was involved in that snafu, and a lot of people on this board can say that meathead95 has one hell of a reputation. You cause your own problems. You suspected there may be some things missing on that carb, but you didn't elaborate. When he got the thing it wasn't operable. He and I offered to simply reverse the transaction even reimbursing the shipping cost being totally civil about it, and your response was to get mad and tell him to keep it for junk. That was silly and unnecessary.

This is my ultimate point: If you guys want to buy/sell stuff on this board don't handle it unprofessionally. Handle it like CPNE, GMC Paul, Church, teeitup, PICKMUP, WES, and others who work hard to be professionals in this business.

1. Send clear and concise descriptions of what you're selling. Take pictures - hell, borrow a friend's digital camera. it's WORTH the trouble.

2. Be clear and concise about how the item will be delivered, and when it should be recieved. Research a way to ship something before you sell it. Don't sell an item, sit on your butt for a week waiting for the money, and then swagger to the shipping office only to find out they don't even ship stuff that big. If you don't think this is in your realm of responsibility when selling parts across the country then you shouldn't be selling parts across the country.

3. If you sellers have a problem with an item unexpectantly contact the buyer ASAP. This isn't that hard to do. You post on this board every friggin day you can send a PM or an email. Pick up a phone, or shoot an email with a description. No word simply makes people suspect - hence posts like this thread.

4. Buyers: Be willing to eat shipping costs. Every online shopping site handles their returns this way. This place should be no different.

5. Use written agreements when dealing with big items. It's going to be a while until you can use the parts anyway, you might as well be official about it.

6. If you suspect someone has "ripped you off" as a buyer or seller do not make your first move to get on this board, and start posting personal information and rallying up the troops to go throw crap at this suspected member. Be civil, and handle this like a mature adult. Attempt to call them, inform them of a timeframe in which you will be willing to handle the problem, and if they don't contact you back within that time frame then solicit aid from the board if you want.

Come on this is common sense guys. If a buyer/seller doesn't want to conform to any standard process then forget them! Don't buy from them or sell them goods. Period.
Seattle, WA.

Last edited by COBALT; 06-24-2003 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:19 PM   #50
Davy

Aren't all comments and criticism on a "Bulletin Board" solicited?

Looking for NOS items for my CST restoration.
Closed Thread