The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2016, 06:27 PM   #1
In The Ten Ring

I need advice: reassembling the front end.

Hi all. It's nearly time to put the front end back together. A forum member and I had planned on him helping me but I know he's really busy. I'd get my dad to help but he's really not in the best of health and he loses his temper so easily anymore, well, you know what that's like!

I may end up getting some help from my truck's painter. The guy has never resorted a C10 but I know he's restored other GM vehicles from the same time period. I think his personality is one that never loses his composure, so I guess I'll get him to help.

I have some questions though.

All the sheet metal up front is off. Are there things I need to look out for when putting it all back together?

I'm thinking in this order.

1). Radiator core support (with bushings underneath).
2). Outer fenders.
3). Cowl
4). Hood
5). Headlights and all wiring
6). Inner fenders
7). Grill
8). Bumper

What torque do the core support bolts get?
Did anyone use a regular nut and lock washer there?

My bushing and bolt kit from Classic Heartbeat came with a locking nut but those are such a pain to turn on the bolts. I don't mind using those if I should though. I meant to call Wes today for advice but forgot....oh wait, it's not the same time out where he lives!

*I am going to get all the hardware replated at a plating shop before I start. The shop owner thinks cadmium is what would work best for me.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote