The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
oj70chevy
250 V-6 Club

Question 2002 Silverado DVD question?

Hello, I'll start off with I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado extended 4 door with the on-star and the original CD stereo. I now have the money to buy a DVD player ( looking at the Kenwood kvt-512) The stereo looks to be slanted toward the driver and when in park it does not look like the screen will pass the shifter. My main concern is will the flip screen make it passed the shifter in park or would I have to put it in drive ever time i open it? Also I do have some wiring knowledge and would like to know how hard are these to install and is there anything I should watch out for? And last if any one has any pictures of a single din DVD player in there truck can you please post some pictures and if you don’t mind what type of DVD player do you recommend?

By the way I really don’t need the Nav as I have a dumb dumb. But If I can get it cheap ill also take that.

Thank you
Ralph

Edit : my bud will sale me a 2 din kenwood cheap but I also need to know will it fit and what would I need to do to make it fit?
thanks.

Last edited by oj70chevy; 05-08-2008 at 06:11 PM.
oj70chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
G35MIKE

Re: 2002 Silverado DVD question?

you will need to pull, or shift into other gear for the screen to come out. The wiring is the same as any other. You'll most likely need to hook up a ground from your ebrake to the HU. Also some Nav units need to tap into the speedometer wire. Other than that.. no biggie.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:58 AM   #3
canadianc-10

Re: 2002 Silverado DVD question?

most nav can be bypassed like mine, however some cant. when you find one you like just google for the bypass, they all have different ways. if you dont mind spending a lil more money get one with a built in harddrive unless you dont mind putting and taking out nav disc everytime.
canadianc-10 is offline   Reply With Quote