The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #101
azza82

Re: Brothers Truck Show

Does anyone know who owns the 55 seafoam green panel in the photos???

I am trying to paint my car the same colour and I am having a hell of a time with paint shops mixing the right colour. I would like to get in touch with the owner to find out more about the colour.

Thanks
Aaron
azza82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #102
Dan in Pasadena

I KNEW what the color was (I'm the one that posted those photos) because I spoke to the owner and now I can't find my copy of the photo with the name on it. I'm almost positive he told me it was a stock '61 or '63 Impala color. I know that's vague, but I'm POSITIVE he said it was an early 60's stock Chevrolet color.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #103
azza82

Hello,
Thank you for your swift reply and further information.

I knew it was a GM/Chev sea foam green but my dilemma is that thee was a LOT if variation amongst the seafoam/surf greens of that era as I'm sure you know. They also went under a few different names.

FYI, I have already had 5 samples mixed from 60-63 colours. Unfortunately none of them are quite right (most are way off) and it is very difficult taking old paint codes to paint suppliers in Australia who are a pain to deal with. I am now very close to painting the car and that is why I am trying to sort this out quickly.

I was hoping that if I could track down the owner I could pinpoint the EXACT colour and more specifically I was hoping he might still have the paint tin with the paint formula itself. This is what I am really chasing as I am working with vague details at the moment. Thanks for the info about 61/63 impala...I'll see if I can follow that lead further.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
azza82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #104
Rad's

Is this truck on the forum?

Like the doors
Rad's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #105
youngrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza82 View Post
Hello,
Thank you for your swift reply and further information.

I knew it was a GM/Chev sea foam green but my dilemma is that thee was a LOT if variation amongst the seafoam/surf greens of that era as I'm sure you know. They also went under a few different names.

FYI, I have already had 5 samples mixed from 60-63 colours. Unfortunately none of them are quite right (most are way off) and it is very difficult taking old paint codes to paint suppliers in Australia who are a pain to deal with. I am now very close to painting the car and that is why I am trying to sort this out quickly.

I was hoping that if I could track down the owner I could pinpoint the EXACT colour and more specifically I was hoping he might still have the paint tin with the paint formula itself. This is what I am really chasing as I am working with vague details at the moment. Thanks for the info about 61/63 impala...I'll see if I can follow that lead further.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Keep in mind that colors can look vastly different from computer monitor to computer monitor. So even with the code the color might look different than the picture on your monitor. Your right though the exact paint code is the place to start.

Good luck
Marc
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote