The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2005, 10:04 AM   #1
redz 1970 K5
OBS guy

Haven't been around for a while...

We have been in Salt Lake City for a while, trying to find our dream home... Not to hard out here for these prices. We just made a bid on a 4k square foot country style home on 1.3 acres with some water rights- this is the one we have always dreamed of. White fences, big lawn, all of the horse out buildings are there, 25 minutes from world class skiing, the whole deal. Plus the Blazer will fit easily in the garage now.

Lots of Blazers out here... In SoCal, I would be lucky to see one old K5 a month on the road. Just in the last few days I have seen about 5-6, not to mention how many 67-72 trucks I have seen.

Haven't been posting in a while... Sorry I haven't gotten back to some of you on things, but after I lost my job, it was time to step up my game.

redz 1970 K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
blazerparts
No,I DON'T have Tourett's

Looks like plenty of room to build a shop/garage too. Congrats on the impending move.
blazerparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:28 AM   #3
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

72 2wd Jimmy

Dont blame you for wanting out of this state. Im 53 and was born and raised here. The attitudes of people here are amazing... as in you owe me. Hence the state is going bankrupt. My son lives in Roy, not far from you. Thats where we are headed as soon as we can get out.
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:44 AM   #4
redz 1970 K5
OBS guy

You got it Tom... I am sure San Diego County will definitely be bankrupt before long. Plus old Dick Murphy sure hasn't helped the city any. I will miss my neighbors and friends, but other then that, nothing else I will miss...

2+ hours in commute traffic in my car a day
rude people and dangerous drivers
ridiculous home prices- soon to adjust I am sure
cost of living (single income, forgettaboutit)
everything is always busy
city and county are going bankrupt

and on and on and on... I might miss the weather a bit, but the holidays just never felt like the holidays to me when it is 70 Degrees outside and bright and sunny. I grew up in the mountains (Reno specifically), and am really looking forward to being in the white stuff again.

Last edited by redz 1970 K5; 04-19-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:45 AM   #5
redz 1970 K5
OBS guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerparts
Looks like plenty of room to build a shop/garage too. Congrats on the impending move.
Quick shot down the 80 for you guys to come and visit!
Old 04-19-2005, 11:40 AM   #6
71jimmy

That looks like a sweet place! My wife's sister/family live in SLC, so I've visited. Nice place, really like it there. You have all the same recreation as in CA. I agree with getting out of here, but I'm stuck til I retire. On the other hand, SLC is starting to have similar probs as CA, ie drugs, gangs etc. We are exporting not only the nice folks, but the trash soon follows too.

"If life was fair you'd be able to afford one of each and a garage large enough to house them all."
71jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:42 PM   #7
Alexis
Member since 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71jimmy
That looks like a sweet place! My wife's sister/family live in SLC, so I've visited. Nice place, really like it there. You have all the same recreation as in CA. I agree with getting out of here, but I'm stuck til I retire. On the other hand, SLC is starting to have similar probs as CA, ie drugs, gangs etc. We are exporting not only the nice folks, but the trash soon follows too.

don't forget kidnapping.

Red you don't want to end up being someones 2nd wife do you?
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #8
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

I thought you were moving to Portland?
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 04:29 PM   #9
redz 1970 K5
OBS guy

Gave up on Portland after researching many factors. Guess I decided to do a 'life' move instead of a 'job' move this time. True, I have a decent offer to go up to Portland, but in the end I had to remind myself that I work so I can live, not live so I can work.

We fell in love with SLC, and it was our choice destination from the get go. When Portland came up, we were about to move forward with it, but then really thought about what we want. The day I was supposed to travel to Portland, we loaded up the kids in the van instead and drove to SLC. I have definitely burned some bridges, but we only get one go at this.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:23 PM   #10
redz 1970 K5
OBS guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis
don't forget kidnapping.

Red you don't want to end up being someones 2nd wife do you?
For the right price, I might...

I would bring up the paligamy thing to the old lady, but with each wife comes another 'honey do' list, and if each one wants to have sex more then once a year, how do I handle it? What am I, a machine?
Old 04-19-2005, 05:43 PM   #11
Big Block
Big Block

Love Utha!

Really looks great, I lived in SD Cal. from 85 to 89 and up above the Napa valley from 89 to 91. Housing prices went nuts, so the wife and I and kids moved to NC. Housing was affordable so the kids could go to college. We have made 3 trips to Utha in the last 4 years, absolutely love it there!!! I'm jealous you actually get to live there. Our last trip was to Moab. All I can say is, INCREDIBLE. If you want to go 4 wheeling I can't think of a better place. Sure hope you get the place, it looks great. B.B.
Big Block is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:05 PM   #12
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Never been to SLC, but I have heard it is nice. Is the cost of living a lot less then Portland?

Pre-Congrats on the big move. When is the actual move?
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:29 PM   #13
redz 1970 K5
OBS guy

Cost of living is CONSIDERABLY less then Portland. Lower property taxes (like 1/2), fuel costs are lower, and the housing is growing quickly but still amazing.

For example, we are buying this house for UNDER $350k in a great neighborhood with great schools. Make no mistake about it though- the prices are starting to skyrocket here. It IS as nice as everyone says, and people are starting to find that out.

We just got our offer accepted here, and as soon as we open escrow on our old house, we will run parallel escrows on the house we are buying. I would say 45 days, so that would put us around June 1st.