The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-24-2018, 05:50 AM   #1251
Killer Bee

Helicopter Ride

Walter took his wife Ethel to the state fair every year, and every time he would say to her, "Ethel, you know that I'd love to go for a ride in that helicopter." But Ethel would always reply, "I know that Walter, but that helicopter ride is 50 dollars and 50 dollars is 50 dollars."

Finally, they went to the fair, and Walter said to Ethel, "Ethel, you know I'm 87 years old now. If I don't ride that helicopter this year, I may never get another chance." Once again Ethel replied, "Walter, you know that helicopter is 50 dollars and 50 dollars is 50 dollars."

This time the helicopter pilot overheard the couple's conversation and said, "Listen folks, I'll make a deal with you. I'll take both of you for a ride; if you can both stay quiet for the entire ride and not say a word I won't charge you! But if you say just one word, it's 50 dollars."

Walter and Ethel agreed and up they went in the helicopter. The pilot performed all kinds of fancy moves and tricks, but not a word was said by either Walter or Ethel. The pilot did his death-defying tricks over and over again, but still there wasn't so much as one word said. When they finally landed, the pilot turned to Walter and said, "Wow! I've got to hand it to you. I did everything I could to get you to scream or shout out, but you didn't. I'm really impressed!"

Walter replied, "Well to be honest I almost said something when Ethel fell out but, you know, 50 dollars is 50 dollars!"
Old 08-24-2018, 10:42 AM   #1252
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:49 AM   #1253
Killer Bee

this caught my eye in two episodes of mannix I watched tonight..

same blue 71 CA license 36 982L but not related to recurring cast..

appears at the end of both episodes, both set in san diego/mexico..

sorry for the lousy pictures of tivo freeze on tv.. doesn't do elite plasma justice

S6 E4 aired 10/8/72 'broken mirror' episode showed different views of it parked without camper and large water canteen mounted on drivers bedrail.. but notice mirrors turned out for... next week's scene with a camper?

S6 E5 aired 10/15/72 'portrait of a hero' episode wearing a camper.. bad guys pull up in a dusty scene, several views of it parked as well..

Old 08-25-2018, 11:00 AM   #1254
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I remember those bell-bottoms! Cool truck, too.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:19 AM   #1255
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Larry,,,I heard that one before ,,it is a good one that is not telling until the end,, Good one

Say. my relatives sit out a tornado warning couple days ago and was wondering if it came through your area.. do you have a storm shelter ? My SiS had one on the lake near Morrillton ,but her kids moved her to Russeville and had to leave the shelter..
That storm front stretched all the way from Up in Missouri to south Arkansas. There was a gap in the middle of the front and it went right over us. We didn't even notice the storm, just a little rain.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:21 AM   #1256
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
this caught my eye in two episodes of mannix I watched tonight..

same blue 71 CA license 36 982L but not related to recurring cast..

appears at the end of both episodes, both set in san diego/mexico..

sorry for the lousy pictures of tivo freeze on tv.. doesn't do elite plasma justice

S6 E4 aired 10/8/72 'broken mirror' episode showed different views of it parked without camper and large water canteen mounted on drivers bedrail.. but notice mirrors turned out for... next week's scene with a camper?

S6 E5 aired 10/15/72 'portrait of a hero' episode wearing a camper.. bad guys pull up in a dusty scene, several views of it parked as well..

Maybe we should change your handle to "Killer Eye" based on your sharp observations. Thanks for sharing.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:11 AM   #1257
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
That storm front stretched all the way from Up in Missouri to south Arkansas. There was a gap in the middle of the front and it went right over us. We didn't even notice the storm, just a little rain.
Other Larry, I see you as a guy who has made his own way in life and made a good life of it for you, your wife, and family. That said, an expression I often use for people who's life seems to most often takes a good turn is "The sun shines out his axx". I think what you said above is as clear of a case as I have ever found!

I'm glad all that missed you. Weather is quite an animal. An unpredictable beast that can also bring great comfort.
Quote:
Maybe we should change your handle to "Killer Eye" based on your sharp observations. Thanks for sharing.
I didn't see any pictures yesterday. Sweet truck! A great example of what the 8.25" rims look like on a C20/30.

Looking at that picture of me and 72Tigger from Carlisle with the straw on the ground brings a little story. Nothing exciting, but I make the most out of what I'm handed. I was the only guy with the straw. Had many people ask about it. I figured it was self-explanatory. But, another conversation piece is always good.

We had heavy rain Friday night and the picture was Saturday. That's why you see the straw on the ground. I had a slick spot I hit first thing early when I walked out to the isle. And it's low along the asphalt, so it puddles. I knew straw was available from maintenance and my buddy Chris, who was part of our unit, had come with an old golf cart he had just bought. Chris just brings a thing or two to set out, but is there for a good time. So this year he spent most of his time playing/fixing on his cart. He bought an LED light bar and mounted it and seemed to be messing with it every time I looked over his way. So that morning I asked him to run me over to the maintenance bldg for a bale. As we sputtered on over there I was telling Chris what a big moment this was for me. All the swap meets and this was my first cart ride, a very historic moment.

So we get the straw, but the dang thing won't start. Like I said, we sputtered over and I guess that was the last the little fuel pump had in it. My next historic moment, breaking down in a cart at Carlisle on my first ride. Exciting, right? It's a long way back to the spot to be carrying a bale. They offer parts hauling out of the same bldg so I went to see about hiring them.

While waiting at the cart. The older feller in the bunch comes over with a strap and says "Let's go". Yep, another historic moment. First time ever being towed across the grounds in a cart by a cart. Chris monkeyed with his new toy and got 'er fixed for some great Saturday night cruising...with LED bar... through the big trucks light show and over to the frame layin' sparky boy show. Yet another historic moment. What a great day!!
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:47 AM   #1258
davischevy

A man and his wife walked into a Dentist's Office...

The man said to the dentist, "Doc, I'm in one heck of a hurry...…... I have two
buddies sitting out in my car waiting for us to go play golf, so forget about the
anesthetic..... I don't have time for the gums to get numb... I just want you to
pull the tooth and be done with it..!!! We have a 10:00 am tee time at the best
golf course in town and it's 9:30 am already... I don't have time to wait for the
anesthetic to work...!!!"

The dentist thought to himself, "Well, well, at last a golfer with real BALLS...!!!"
So the dentist asks him, "Which tooth is it sir...???”

The man turned to his wife and said, "Open your mouth, honey, and show the dentist...”

Old 08-26-2018, 09:45 PM   #1259
special-K
Special Order

Bwah Hah Hah Hah!!!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 08-26-2018, 10:01 PM   #1260
davischevy

My grandson and his buddy found themselves a frog. My grandson is the curly headed one in the back peeking at the frog. Scenes like this sure take you back to simpler times.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2018, 10:09 PM   #1261
Boog
laying low

That's a Kodak moment right there.

And some of the young guys are wondering what's a "Kodak" ?
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:35 PM   #1262
davischevy

I think my daughter made it black and white to lend to that old "little boy on the calendar" photograph feel.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:20 AM   #1263
special-K
Special Order

That picture is timeless, that's for sure.

Tim

Old 08-27-2018, 09:54 AM   #1264
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

It's a very good picture.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:15 PM   #1265
72 tigger

The guys on this thread seem pretty knowledgeable, how many C50’s have you seen with A/C? Around here I don’t remember seeing any trucks with A/C until the late 70’s. Spotted this one today being used by a tree trimmer
Attached Images

72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:56 PM   #1266
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
The guys on this thread seem pretty knowledgeable, how many C50’s have you seen with A/C? Around here I don’t remember seeing any trucks with A/C until the late 70’s. Spotted this one today being used by a tree trimmer
That's a first for me. The 50's, 60's and 70's around here were pretty utilitarian. The 67-72's are still pretty common in the poultry farms just west of here, and I have seen a lot of them on farms in Kansas, but never noticed one with A/C.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:24 PM   #1267
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I'd say that that is as rare as hen's teeth. I've never seen one in person, and I worked at Chevy dealers on and off for about 2 years in the early '70s. Though I may have only seen 10 of the big ones roll through in that time. After I got out of the Navy, I worked as a mechanic for several years while in college, and while I worked on many big trucks across brands, none of them had AC, either. Those things were pretty much "get the job done", with no niceties at all. That was in southern California, so if anyone cared, they'd give their guys some AC, I would think. But that adds expense to the original purchase.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:35 PM   #1268
Killer Bee

our 63 F600 grain truck had a working roof mount a/c, but dad gave it away

on a lighter note;

Old 08-29-2018, 07:04 AM   #1269
special-K
Special Order

I'm over 60 and with age comes wisdom. I'd start off with the 100#... pick the bag up, then one by one load it, and repeat for the second bag using the other hand. There, I lifted a 100# bag of taters with each arm. Hold them out straight once full? Do yu think I'm a fool? You can if you want, but I'm cuttin' into these things and makin' up some home fries!

I might have seen the a/c in a medium, but can't recall any. And I've seen everything... IIRC.

Someone just had to have it. The truck isn't even a Custom trim truck, which surprises me more

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 08-29-2018 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:04 PM   #1270
davischevy

Did you get all your chores done back on the farm Killer? Did your lovely wife get that well full of water?

Old 08-29-2018, 08:26 PM   #1271
Boog
laying low

OMG KB. That is funny right there.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #1272
Killer Bee

Quote:
Did you get all your chores done back on the farm Killer? Did your lovely wife get that well full of water?
sorry I fell short on my farm reports.. got so busy, barley took time for pictures..

yes, the cistern repairs were completed and according to reports from mom, holding water much better..

and Mrs. Bee let me out before topping off, she's such a good hand on the farm!

since dad passed and most of the equipment is dormant in the machine shed, ground hogs took up residence

so I dug, and I dug, and I dug.. some of the dens were shovel handle deep! so pooped and soaked with sweat after some of my digging episodes, didn't get pictures of the worst of it..

didn't have enough time to set up for a truck pour, so poured some post hole mix around some of the edges before back filling to hopefully deter some of their activity.. I see a full slab in that shed's future

even with the IH 886 in town getting clutch work and the IH 706 down in the hay barn, still a little crowded with combine, JD model 60, etc.

only able to use the box grader in a couple areas in the lower stall, hand shovel and rake the upper side.. not near as good with a gannon as dad was but passable I guess for parking equipment..

got everything leveled off best I could with time I had and got all the materials stowed back where dad left them

supervisors!

showing me how to operate the tractor

my support team

Old 08-30-2018, 02:52 PM   #1273
Killer Bee

just made the deal yesterday with countr up in Iowa for this 71 C20 ochre longhorn farm truck!

great guy, had a nice talk about the truck and he made me a really good deal..

mom is excited about it, we need another pickup for chores..

was looking into buying her a newer truck but since she has a new jeep, rather run something without electronics or smog crap and simple to maintain..

and something I can fix up and enjoy in retirement

hopefully next trip we'll have some pictures of it working on the farm

this was one of my chores last trip, figuring out why fuel was spouting out of primary vent..

trying to haul water without setting engine on fire.. told mom it was red tagged until I figured it out

doggone 86 F250 is a MESS underhood, takes 10 minutes to remove the air cleaner

fuel pressure - no, float/float level - no, turned out to be needle/seat o-ring.. kit from local o'reilly's had a different cartridge but seal was right..

460 has a lot of potential, but completely neutered in 86.. long range project will be to free up some ponies in that rig some day

well, got it running good, well as good as a f o r d gets actually shouldn't criticize, it hauls 3500lbs of water around like it isn't loaded

dad bought it brand new from claycomo plant in KC, so it stays no matter what, part of the family..

425 gallons to the neck, couldn't seem to shake that supervisor no matter where I went

Old 08-30-2018, 08:47 PM   #1274
davischevy

A group of women were at a seminar on how to live in a loving relationship with
their husbands.

The women were asked, "How many of you love your husband?"

All the women raised their hands.

Then they were asked, "When was the last time you told your husband
you loved him?"

Some women answered today, a few yesterday, and some couldn't
remember.

The women were then told to take out their cell phones and text their
husband - "I love you, Sweetheart."

Next the women were instructed to exchange phones with one another
and read aloud the text message they received in response to their message.

Below are 12 replies. If you have been married for quite a while, you
understand that these replies are a sign of true love.
Who else would reply in such a succinct and honest way?

1. Who the hell is this?

2. Eh, mother of my children, are you sick or what?

3. Yeah, and I love you too. What's wrong?

4. What now? Did you wreck the car again?

5. I don't understand what you mean.

6. What the hell did you do now?

8 Don't beat about the bush, just tell me how much you need.

9. Am I dreaming?

10. If you don't tell me who this message is actually for, someone will die.

11. I thought we agreed you wouldn't drink during the day. (My personal favorite!)

12. Your mother is coming to stay with us, isn't she?

Old 08-30-2018, 09:15 PM   #1275
flashed

LOL .

Them Groundhogs are destructive critters , its about time for me to give them Lead poision again here .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote