The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #451
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: Silver Dollar

Welcome to the board Trevor! Congratulations on the purchase. I hope you will continue this thread with updated pictures.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #452
wild4wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Welcome to the board Trevor! Congratulations on the purchase. I hope you will continue this thread with updated pictures.
X2! Welcome from AZ.

Current truck
"Ida Mae" 71 K5 Blazer

Former Trucks
"Loretta" 71 Longbed (AZ)
"Tanya" 69 Stepside (AZ)
"Ferdinand" 71 Longhorn (SD)
"Patches" 67 Panel (IA/ KY)
"Rosita" 68 C30 (KY)

Instagram @Wildforwheels @k5_klub @c10university

Profile pic provided by Jeff Sundance
wild4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #453
dontbethatguy

I will definitely keep the thread updated with pics and info! The truck is being setup as a daily driver because it will be a daily driver in dry weather! I will eventually end up swapping the intake and valve covers for a cleaner look, along with a coil relocation so the new covers can be seen. It's really great (and cheaper) to take someone's creation and expand on it to make it your own! I have been building my '69 Camaro for over two years now, and as everyone knows, they will nickel and dime you to death!
Posted via Mobile Device
dontbethatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #454
VA72C10
VA72C10

Congrats on the purchase. Looking forward to the continuation of the build and maybe some pics of your wagon and camaro?
Old 10-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #455
gearheads78

So how long before you before you put one of your 418s in it. Its a tax wright off for advertising right??
gearheads78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #456
dontbethatguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheads78 View Post
So how long before you before you put one of your 418s in it. Its a tax wright off for advertising right??
Well, not really since I own the truck personally. With that said, I'm sure it will end up with a stroker of some sort by spring time. I nearly started building a motor for it last week, but I don't want to completely disassemble the truck. I'm going to mod it a little at a time to minimize the down time and not end up with another non-running project!

As for the Camaro and wagon, I'll see what I can do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #457
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Congrats on the purchase - very smart buy!
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #458
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Congrats on the sale Mr.Hino! And congrats to dontbethatguy! You have a great truck, and it sounds like you'll take it to the next level!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:14 PM   #459
mrhino
Account Suspended

thanks everyone, for all the support during the build. I had such a great time building this truck. I think having everyone follow along and share in my laughter and frustration made it even better. I would especially like to thank Trevor, for all the kind words he said. it really does mean a lot to me that you like the truck and it was better than expected. I'm sure you will do her right.
Definitively keep us up to date on the progress. There are a lot of people that follow this thread. I get PM's all the time. After all there aren't to many threads that show a build start to finish including the selling processes and than have the new owner take over. Very cool! Im very proud to be apart of it. and whats even better is; Ill get to see it transform right here with the rest of you.

Thanks Again everyone!
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:04 PM   #460
dontbethatguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhino View Post
thanks everyone, for all the support during the build. I had such a great time building this truck. I think having everyone follow along and share in my laughter and frustration made it even better. I would especially like to thank Trevor, for all the kind words he said. it really does mean a lot to me that you like the truck and it was better than expected. I'm sure you will do her right.
Definitively keep us up to date on the progress. There are a lot of people that follow this thread. I get PM's all the time. After all there aren't to many threads that show a build start to finish including the selling processes and than have the new owner take over. Very cool! Im very proud to be apart of it. and whats even better is; Ill get to see it transform right here with the rest of you.

Thanks Again everyone!
You're exactly right Mike! People love seeing how you did things. It gives others ideas, but it's also really cool to see a truck transform through all of the pictures! The best part is you did it yourself, and that really is what people love the most. It also makes it great to buy a truck from someone that had so much pride in what he did. You didn't cut corners on the build! I get so many thumbs up, pointing, comments, etc. from so many people!

She'll be getting a pair of Magnaflow mufflers tomorrow to eliminate the drone that she has with the Flowmasters. Tinted windows happen on Friday, and the a/c install begins on Monday!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #461
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:

Thanks Again everyone!
Thanks Mike for letting us follow along! Now, what is up in your garage? surely you have something planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbethatguy View Post
She'll be getting a pair of Magnaflow mufflers tomorrow to eliminate the drone that she has with the Flowmasters. Tinted windows happen on Friday, and the a/c install begins on Monday!
Posted via Mobile Device
Trevor,
Be sure to get lot's of pictures. That keeps us interested
Old 11-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #462
mrhino
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Thanks Mike for letting us follow along! Now, what is up in your garage? surely you have something planned

yep I do have something planned, I guess im feeling ambitiousness cause i have two projects. . back in May we bought my wife a truck. now its time to do some work to it. I Have started a build thread for it. the wife will be involved in a lot more of the process. It should be fun to say the least. and the other one is my 86 daily driver. its just flat wore out. she dosen't want to start anymore and doesn't want to shut off either. she keeps on running well after I'v turned her off, and have gone into the house. she is getting a few new extra holes and doest want to stop except for the left rear it locks up every time. she has just lost the lust for life. Ill see if i can bring her back. but first there is a few things that need be done to the wifes project first.

so everyone that follows this thread and enjoyed it, should come along for the ride with this new build. here is the link:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...78#post5003178
Old 11-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #463
72gmcshorty

I know this goes back a bit, but how did you end up strapping the gas tank into the frame?
Old 11-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #464
mrhino
Account Suspended

I bolted it in. one in each corner if you check out post 39 it shows where I added a piece of angle iron in the back bolted it to the frame and then bolted the tank to it. I did have to take the tank down once after it was installed and it came down fairly easy and in just a few minutes.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #465
72gmcshorty

Duh, i've looked at that pic so many times i forgot about it. My problem is i can't get the tank as high into the frame as yours. I have a blazer and the floor is only about 2" above the frame. The lip on my tank hangs about an inch lower than the frame at the back. At the front it is almost even with the frame. I'm trying to think of a nice looking way to get it in place. How did you mount it at the front?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #466
mrhino
Account Suspended

I dont remember how far the bed floor was away from the tank but it wasn't much. 2" or less. I drop my tank in from the top and set the front on the last crossmember that comes across. then bolted each corners. I do remember thinking I would have gained a little more room had i bolted it under the frame rail. you might try that see if that works for you.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #467
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Called the wife and kids out to the garage, for this glorious moment. when I tried to start the engine for the first time, it wouldn't start or run. after a few minutes of me cranking, and some cussing. They must of got the feeling that the show was over. cause they all just slowly went back inside. (iv seen this before.) So now Im thinking to myself and resiting the 3 basics all engines need. First I checked ignition, with my timming light. every cylinder was firing. Next, shot some starting fluid down the throttle body, and it would start and run till the starting fluid burnt up. I Then put my fuel pressure gauge to it. it had pressure to the rail. Ok! What the hell is going on here. I posted the question on the forum got so good suggestions, and asked my PCM programmer, Brenden at LT1swap, He suggested I check the injectors, they might be cloged or "stuck" from sitting.
So I took out the injectors and put one in the vice Poured cleaner into the top of the injector. Made a simple wire harness, one side went to the power on the battery charger. The other I dragged across the negitive clamp on my charger. this resulted in the injector pulsing open and closed very fast instead of just staying opening.

At first I dint hear the injector pulsing at all but after a few minutes i started to get some nasty stuff out of it.

I went ahead and did this to all the injectors, then soaked them over night in cleaner. The next day, i had to run to the parts store for new injector orings. The cleaner had swelled them. should have taken them off but was sidetracked. After the orings were in I put the injectors back in the rail. i have a OTC injector cleaner, that will pressureize the rail to bypass the fuel pump for cleaning purposes.

So I hooked that up and used the same trick as I did on the bench and fired one injector at a time, this time with 55 psi behide them.

Sprayed cleaner through the injector into a little catch can a.k.a. wifes storage container (she let me keep that one). did that to all injectors till it looked like i had a good spray pattern.

Put all the injectors back in and fired the engine. she started and ran. it was a little loud with no exhaust but it was great just to her in run.
Hey Mike,
Sorry to bug you. I think I have the same problem with my injectors being stuck or fowled with carbon? Anyway, did you acually fill the fuel rail with cleaner then pressurize? or did you soak the injectors in cleaner? thanks,
Old 11-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #468
mrhino
Account Suspended

I used seafoam F.I. cleaner. put a little bit in the top of each injector to "break them loose" then soaked them overnight in my parts cleaner. then the next day installed them back in the rail. Then filled my pressure cleaner with seafoam and a little fuel, up to 55 psi and then fired off each injector manual until i got a good pattern. put them back in and it fired right up and ran. I hope that answered your question.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #469
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
I used seafoam F.I. cleaner. put a little bit in the top of each injector to "break them loose" then soaked them overnight in my parts cleaner. then the next day installed them back in the rail. Then filled my pressure cleaner with seafoam and a little fuel, up to 55 psi and then fired off each injector manual until i got a good pattern. put them back in and it fired right up and ran. I hope that answered your question.
Thanks Mike. That's what I was looking for.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #470
owner 84

wooooooooooooooow

it looks crazy!

well done dude

and Check out my flicker @

http://www.flickr.com/photos/0060/
owner 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #471
VWBeamer

Just read your thread, great Job...:-)
VWBeamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #472
gdavis

Quote:
Fuel tank install. tried to use a blazer tank, but found it hang down to low. I would have been draging it across speed bumps. I couldn't afford a Custom made one for $500 or more. so after searching a came a across a jeep tank. made it fit. its only a 15 gallon tank., but with the 5.3 getting 20 some miles to the gallon it shouldnt be a problem. And it doesnt hang low in fact with the bumper on you can barly see it.

Ran pressure hose from the tank all the way to the engine, using push lock AN fittings at the rail and back to the tank for the return line.

Put the cab on to start the mock up process. had to add the fuel level sending unit for my classic instrument gauges.

the tank hangs 10" from the ground.

I am looking for a rear tank for my 68. What year jeep did that tank come out of. gdavis from Florida
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #473
mrhino
Account Suspended

87 wrangler I believe it was.

http://www.tanks-to-pans.com/site/823208/product/JP1E
Old 01-01-2013, 02:39 AM   #474
Ipaintgrt

Check this out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-15...304995&vxp=mtr

Or this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fuel-Tan...e9ba44&vxp=mtr

There are a couple of cheaper ones but they might be plastic.
Ipaintgrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #475
MarineChevyDriver

Wow. I just browsed through the entire thread. What a great job you've done! Did it sell yet?
Posted via Mobile Device
MarineChevyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote