The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-20-2018, 01:28 AM   #1
beautimus

can you buy short fleet bed skins only?

first up this isnt a want to buy thread. i dont need to get parts yet. i am just curious. to see if there are vendors out there that have what i want when the time comes.
looking at a few web stores, and contemplating starting on the bed a little later on . i noticed that you could find whole bedsides for roughly 450 - 600 dollars a piece. and i got to thinking about it. my bed sides are really good on the inner panels. i just have rusty outter skins. yeah it would be nice i guess to have totaly new bedsides, but i really dont need all that. i just need new outter skins.
back in 98 i had a new silverado, i struck a dear on the way to work about a month after i got it. they put a new outter bedside and a new door skin on, replaced the fender bumper and grill. i clearly remember seeing the spot welds where they were attaching the bed side. but i dont remember seeing them for sale myself. does anyone know of such a thing?
Old 04-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #2
tutone

Re: can you buy short fleet bed skins only?

I can't answer that question, but I have never seen them. But, on the other hand, I think it would be much less time consuming to replace your entire bed sides. Plus, I think you will end up with less filler and warpage. Since a fender well lip patch panel is upwards of 130 bucks, I would guess the bed skin, (if it existed) , would be comparative in price to a complete side. Maybe you can catch a good deal on a used shortbed or maybe attend a c10 show and save shipping costs.
1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote