The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2017, 03:46 PM   #21
garyd1961

Re: What GM create engine to buy for 3/4 ton 72 C20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrainman View Post
Agree with you, they have the lowest price, that is where I got my L31 from (Radley Chevorlet ) a few months back. They are great to deal with they had my engine at my door in 7 days, they also advised me that GM had a rebate program at that time , they took care of that also and about 2 weeks later I got a GM visa cards in the mail totaling $150.00 on them, So the engine costed a little over $ 1,800
I agree, they are a Chevy dealership so everything should be good to go. I just wouldn't buy from any billy bob selling engines on Ebay. If for some reason you should have a problem it's best to be dealing with a reputable company.
The center bolt valve covers were an improvement over the old style and a good improvement if you ask me. The adapters are just creating more places for the covers to leak. I'm as old school as anyone but since I installed my motor there is no way I would go back to the old perimeter style covers.
If you want more HP just install a good intake and 4 barrel carburetor with long tube headers and 2 1/2 inch exhaust. You can also install a MSD ignition system. All this will help the motor to breathe and the extra spark doesn't hurt. This is how I have mine set up and it has a lot of power.
You can also add 1.6 rockers on the intake side. I started to do this but learned I might have to drill out the holes for the push rods so I decided not to mess with it. I didn't want to pull the heads or take a chance of getting metal in my motor.

Last edited by garyd1961; 11-18-2017 at 08:54 PM.
garyd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote