The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
71cheyennezz4

Big Problem!

So i was in Lincoln with my pickup visiting my girlfriend and i spent the night, in the morning her mom went to leave and backed into my pickup, yeah thats what i thought when i heard, i went outside a looked and it smashed the front of the left box side completely in but it didnt damage the box floor or the inner box side, i slaughtered the trim piece and basically murdered all the paint. They are paying for it and its all in good order, but now i have a dilemma, get a boxside from classic industries and put that on or find an entire new box, now i cant figure out weather i should repaint the entire box if i put a new boxside on or not, i know there are some good body shops out there that can match paint but i dont believe they can match this paint with right amount of metalics in it. and i want it to look good, if i was just going to paint the boxside i would get the paint and do it myself as i have done before but im afraid of it not matching!! help new box? new boxside? paint entire box? what to do!
71cheyennezz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
Smitty

Re: Big Problem!

Sounds like you need to get a place so the mother doesn't have the chance to back into it again. Maybe half way between Lincoln and York. Fremont maybe. Find a large building for a shop too cover all the bases. Then you can have a bunch of little problems that get bigger over the years.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
Aarons72s

Ask around for who mixes the paint best and knows how to vary it. It may help to find a painter and mixer with alot of experiance. Experiance here really pays off. It would probably be best to use the same paint manufacture and type. Since your paint looks good it shouldnt be to hard. Once you get the paint you or your body shop should do a test panel to see if it matches. If it doesnt then start playing with the paint. That green blends pretty well. I used a different code to mix some for mine to touch up the dash. I even brushed it on and it blended real well even without clear. Id fit the new side then remove it and paint it then reinstall it personally for the best results. Hope this helps.
Aarons72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:31 AM   #4
71cheyennezz4

thanks aaron i appreciate it
71cheyennezz4 is offline   Reply With Quote