The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-19-2017, 08:53 AM   #1
Stephen717

Blue knight updates.

So it's been awhile since I posted anything about the old gal and thought it would be a good time for updates. Since last year when I got her I was just going to fix her up and my a show truck/daily driver. My plans since then have been diverted but not by much. I posted awhile back saying that I have a friend who has a GMC k3500 cab frame and front clip of the same vintage that I was going to try and get, well he's finally serious about selling it. He told me to make him an offer so I am going to start around $300 and see where it goes. If all works out I will only be into this build for $1300 so far. Then I found out that my dad reconnected with a friend from school who is living in Florida whose neighbor has a 1968 c10 that's been sitting in his yard for a few years now with a lot of new parts in his garage (there's a whole other story about that), he told my dad's friend that he was just going to scrap it so I am trying to get the truck running gear and all of the spare parts cheap (quickly coming to an end on mowing season but hopefully getting hired on to help light up emergency apparatus). Then the plan will be to build 2 good trucks (GMC k3500, and 68 c10 street/strip truck) out of three bad trucks (mine has a lot more rot then I thought when I first bought the her) and have my friend and I drive them both to Texas by 2019 to visit a mutual friend of ours. By the time I'm done I'm hoping to be about 4 to 5 grand into both trucks before paint (fancy stuff like lifting the 4x4 and custom interior on the drag truck will come later when I have more money). Thankfully I have not only great mechanic friends that can help but a long time friend that has all of his certs for welding so I can fix both trucks of rust issues cheap and can just use Rust-Oleum until I can afford a good paint job on both trucks. I guess my main question now is since I have to good 350 blocks and I am building one for the 68/9 should I build the other 350 that came out of a 92 k1500 or should I find a different motor that would be better like a 427 or something. Anyway, that's all for now, thanks for listening to me ramble.
Stephen717 is offline   Reply With Quote