The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
RAYZDUP85

tilt column help

i have a 1985 s10 pick up with auto trans and low - high wipers non-tilt. i have a tilt with delay wipers and cruise from a ? (not sure of year or s10 blazer or truck). most of the switches and wire colors match but not all things are exactly the same. it appears all connectors will plug in but not sure if everything will work the same (like will the wipers work on just lo-hi or not sinse switch will be the one with the delay system. anybody have any input? thanks
Old 08-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
BarryB

Re: tilt column help

if you truck doesn't have cruise of course that isn't going to work. I'm 90% sure you would have to change the wiper motor out with one that had intermediate wipers. because they have a control that "times" the delay.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #3
Sburch5887

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
I'm 90% sure you would have to change the wiper motor out with one that had intermediate wipers. because they have a control that "times" the delay.
That should work. I have been building steering columns for 17 years and I've always liked to figure out how to use modern electronics in early model cars/trucks.. I haven't tried my new wiper motor directly in my 83 yet (I have it all torn down and the outside bulkhead harness isn't hooked up) but I built a tilt floor shift column with the 3 wire delay wiper switch.. I have hooked it up on the bench to a delay motor out of like a 90 blazer and it worked great, even the delay and the washer pump! So if just plugging in the delay switch and motor doesn't work, lemme know and I'll tell you how to hook it up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sburch5887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
RAYZDUP85

i took the tilt column completely apart and was considering putting in a non delay wiper switch but not sure which year or style to install. i looked up online at advanced auto parts and didn't find a non wiper delay non cruise for tilt column wiper switch listed so i have give up for now lol i also noticed that the plate at the bottom of the tilt column has a different mounting plate and bolt pattern. thanks for your help
Old 08-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
Sburch5887

I've got plenty of the 3 wire delay switches for the tilt column if you'd like one, you would need to get a delay wiper motor from like a 90 or newer S10 or Blazer, all of them had delay wipers. Also the non cruise part is in the stalk, I've got one of those too I'll do it real cheep just to help you out, lemme know if you need it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sburch5887 is offline   Reply With Quote