The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
87fleetsidedude

Inline 250 manifold bolts

Does anybody know where i can find oem type manifold bolts for my inline 6? also the nuts that go onto the studs. they are all missing, and im sure i will find them after i buy the new ones haha.

i tried napa and they dont even have the manifolds listed.

thanks, Justin

1967 C25. 250 inline 6, muncie 4 speed, dana 60 (project truck work in progress)

2010 Colorado. Inline 5 (mom's truck)

2004 1/2 ton. 5.3 Vortec (dad's truck)

1995 oldsmobile cutlass supreme. 3.1 v6 (daily driver at college)
87fleetsidedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
RichardJ

Re: Inline 250 manifold bolts

They call them stovebolts for a reason. Go to the hardware store. They don't need to be anything special.
The stud is 3/8"-16 by 3/8"-24 and 1 7/8" long.
There were originally two studs and two end pins. The pins are also threaded, 3/8"-16. If you are getting headers, you need to take out the end pins and install eight of the threaded studs. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to get everything on the side of the engine.

Shown is both clamping bars and one beat up stud. For headers, you will need to find more of the short clamps, because that is all that will fit. Some guys just use washers, but I like the short clamps better and with washers on the end studs which are for the EX tubes only.
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2020, 04:52 PM   #3
tx71smallblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
They call them stovebolts for a reason. Go to the hardware store. They don't need to be anything special.
The stud is 3/8"-16 by 3/8"-24 and 1 7/8" long.
There were originally two studs and two end pins. The pins are also threaded, 3/8"-16. If you are getting headers, you need to take out the end pins and install eight of the threaded studs. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to get everything on the side of the engine.

Shown is both clamping bars and one beat up stud. For headers, you will need to find more of the short clamps, because that is all that will fit. Some guys just use washers, but I like the short clamps better and with washers on the end studs which are for the EX tubes only.
I know this is a very old thread but I have to know, are you saying I can replace all the hardware on my int/exh set up to this size stud and use my stock clamps? On a stock set up btw

Owned:
71 longbed Cheyenne
70 swb
tx71smallblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #4
RichardJ

I'm not sure why this thread and post is in the "Engine drivetrain" sub-forum. I never post there, only the 67-72 message board.

>>are you saying I can replace all the hardware on my int/exh set up to this size stud and use my stock clamps? On a stock set up btw<<

You didn't read that did you?

The end locator studs are generally considered essential to allow for heat expansion of the stock cast EX manifold. Bolting the ends solid may aid in the manifold cracking.

The second hole in from each end takes a longer original bolt. If you replaced it with a threaded stud, they would be longer than the studs used in the 3rd hole in from each end.

If you are using stock IN and EX manifolds, you can't do better than the original hardware. In my opinion.