The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 09:22 AM   #26
Bowties

Hi! Yes, I am aware of the buy it now "bandits" as they're called. That's the reason for using the immediate deposit required in order to proceed with buy it now. This is a fairly recent option where a seller can request a pre set nominal deposit or instant minimum payment through PayPal before buy it now can be used. I wouldn't want to discriminate against (0) feedback bidders, we all started at (0) at some point. I'm sure there's a lot of people browsing eBay but never register until they find something they want. This is what I mean, it's a difficult decision to list as it's not the same old eBay anymore. I had a friend who started an internet auto business back 5-6 years ago but went bust directly after the separate eBayMotors site rolled out. I do believe this Suburban would do well on eBay but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble with all the scams, etc... going on. I think this time of year is best for 4X4's but with the holidays approaching, it might effect it, I don't know. I sold my wife's Porsche 928 for $8,500 without a problem which is a lot more $, so who knows.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:43 PM   #27
383drvr

I agree with your "informants" on all accounts except I'm surious about their stand on reserves. I've never really understood the voodoo about not telling a reserve. I see it as a way to protect buyers. Why keep it a secret? Speaking as a buyer, I'd like to know what a seller is expecting to sell his car for before I start bidding. If he's high, then the bidder has wasted time and possibly lost the ability to bid on other good deals...
Old 11-17-2004, 09:20 PM   #28
Bowties

I don't know either. I asked your question specifically about not telling the reserve and their point was that every persons whom e-mailed asking about the reserve never bid. They claim these types are just lookers or just nosey asking for the reserve for fun. My opinion is, as a buyer, that I bid what I thought the item was worth and if the reserve was not met then I moved on. I sometimes watched, sometimes not, depending on my interest level. After looking at many auctions I see bidders are bidding rediculously low bids. For example, I was searching Saabs since we're considering a convertible Saab and bids were in small increments, like 10 bids ranging from $1-$2500 for a $20K vehicle 3 days into a 7 day auction. I just don't think eBay, or more specifically eBayMotors, is a good venue any longer. I don't care for time wasters, tricksters, etc... and I'm afraid that's all I'll get. One thought I had was to add an incentive that states if the first bidder is the final bidder/winner then I'll give them $500 in cash back upon pick up [full payment ~bid price~ must be recieved within 3 days and all other terms must be met to recieve the $500 back at pick up * if being shipped $500 is applied towards transport]. I always like to have an 'edge' over any competition and was trying to come up with something that benefits the bidders/buyer. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2004, 08:59 AM   #29
special-K
Special Order

My son has been bugging me to sell him my`90K5 for his wife(expecting).I don`t feel it`s the right vehicle since it would be hard to get the baby in & out of the back seat.It`s also a stick-shift,a new skill for her to learn.Anyway,We`re traveling down to Little River for Thanksgiving and if you still haven`t sold it,we would be very interested.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 11-19-2004, 09:54 AM   #30
Bowties

I got a second this a.m. to pop in and check responses. I replied to your private mail message special-K. Just call me when you're in the area to see if we can get together while you're here.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:04 PM   #31
Bowties

This has been an ordeal I never want to endure again [selling a vehicle]. Through this process I've learned that MOST people are liars, manipulators, broke and stupid [some all of the above]. People say sellers are dishonest, very much so they suspect if it's a dealer. I've found just the opposite, callers or other means of inquiry lie through their teeth, never show up or if they do they have no $ to buy a piece of gum. I feel for any dealer who has to put up with this riff raff day in and day out, I really do. This must be a bad price point as I had no trouble selling the Porsche for over 3X this amount. I still have the Suburban, enjoying driving it actually and would rather do just that than deal with idiots. Even people on here [NOT the ones that so graciously helped] yanked me/jerked me, whatever you want to call it. Never heard from good old 'special-K', just another gonna, wanna, shoulda, nadda I guess. Same old story, losers will be losers I guess? Anyway, I bought another bowtie yesterday. I saw a mid 80's shortbed sitting in a sellers front yard which looked to be in great condition. I stopped, looked it over, took it for a spin and handed the guy $1200 cash [after a stop at the ATM]. This is how it's done, no shoulda, coulda, woulda crap. I figured the truck being a 305 with fuel injection, cold A/C, a RUST FREE short bed and all it's worth $1200 bucks just to have it around [better than $ in the bank]. Well, I learned some things here and I appreciate the few that took the time to help post photos/chat a bit. Thanks!
Old 11-29-2004, 07:48 AM   #32
special-K
Special Order

OK,without dropping to"YOUR"level and returning insult,let me clarify your thinking.1)I made it clear I was speaking on the behalf of my son.2)I only expressed an"interest"and never made any arrangements beyond that.3)Your return PM indicated my chances had slimmed and you"can`t make any promises".4)Thanksgiving is a time for gettin`with the family(&busy)and that was the reason for my trip to SC and why I was unable to get to calling you to let you know my son was not interested until I got back.I hope my rep on this board as a square dealer has not been tainted by your statements here.I also hope my integrity has been shown through my statements here.It ain`t easy,oops!a lil`ignernt.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 11-29-2004, 10:10 AM   #33
Bowties

My level? I was nothing short of responsive, thorough and courtious.

and I quote:

"Hi,I will be traveling with my family to Little River,SC for Thanksgiving on Wednesday.We`d like to get a look at it as we are very ready to make a purchase and your Suburban would be ideal.I own a`91 2500 4wd diesel Suburban and he was bugging me to sell that before I bought my`90 Blazer back from my Nephew in September.If you could please send a reply,I would like to make arrangements with you.I feel you have given a thorough and honest description,and it looks/sound good.Thanks,Tim Hicks"

True, you never made any arrangements, although you said you would. After all, you pestered me 3 times for info/contact info as if it were time sensitive.

True again, I did say I make no promises of it's availability. You gave me the impression you wanted it sight unseen and thought I'd hold it based on your words I guess.

No big deal, I've learned to deal with these types during this process. I'm a man of my word but I realize there are few left. Next time check with the wife, son or whoever makes your decisions for you, first. I've heard every excuse but at least you didn't waste my time in person as most have.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:13 AM   #34
1Ton

Your reply to him sounds to me like you wouldnt be home to show it anyhow. So why go out of your way to call me. Sounds to me like you just have a bad attitude towards selling stuff. I've walked away from sellers because of attitude. And I really wanted the vehicle. I drove 2 1/2 hours with cash in hand to buy a truck and the guy gave me attitude so I went home with the money in hand still. His loss. Just remember not all kids that ride up on a bike have empty pockets. I've seen it many of times where the ones you think dont have it come through. Relax a little and it will sell. They dont sell the first hour thier out there. Sometimes its months.
more is better
too much ought to be enough........
Old 11-29-2004, 12:54 PM   #35
Bowties

Yep, bad atitude about selling this Suburban for sure, I admit it. Also a bad attitude about the circumstances with everyone who's inquired about it. Remember, I don't have to sell it, I'd like to but I do refuse to deal with any more coulda, shoulda, woulda's. My schedule is very busy and I don't have time to waste "meeting" no shows or the ones who want it but have no $ although they've wasted my time before telling me that of course. I mean why look or why even inquire if that's the case? If someone doesn't like my attitude or expects me to put up with their crap, then walk away, I'll survive. I only have that message as quoted above from him, I deleted the others but from all written communication he seemed very interested and couldn't wait to see it. Due to his apparent high interest he expressed and since he was here from out of town on a holiday weekend I made arrangements. I knew I wouldn't be available Thanksgiving day or most of Friday as I went to Charleston. I left the keys with a person who could meet him when he called. I figured I would make it as easy as possible for him to see and drive it even if I wasn't available. The guy never bothered to call even though he had my #'s. He acts like he called as he stated above but he never did unless he means he would have called after he got home? Either way, he had plenty of time to let me know either before leaving or after getting home but he didn't have the courtesy. I do know that someone, in an SUV with a white tag [aren't MD tags white?] stopped by my business and was wiggling the gates as if to get in to where the Suburban was parked, so I was told from a reliable source. It's highly visible and Little River is not that big of a town. There's no for sale sign on it nor any reason for anyone to think it's for sale sitting there unless they had prior knowledge. I'm NOT saying it was him but..... I'm also not saying he's not someone to buy from or sell to, I'm just stating the facts in my case.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:43 PM   #36
1971 Cheyenne

This thread is going nowhere, it is now closed.

Read the rules fellas, I don't enjoy having to regulate.

3) No pissing matches. Its fine to disagree, but once a thread has run its
course, and degenerated into little more than an insult fest, it will be locked.
While this will require a judgment call by the Administrators &
Moderators. The members of this site can keep our moderating to a minimum by
exercising a little discretion and self- control. Keep profanity down to the
minimum or else we will put a 24 hour ban off the forums.

Happy Holidays!
1983 M1009 CUCV Military K5 Blazer
1981 Dodge 1 ton 4x4 dually flatbed
Closed Thread