The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-05-2002, 12:43 PM   #1
Brently

Question In need of help for correct pulleys

I am trying to assemble a 350 in my 71 with AC and i need the info for the correct pulleys. It also has PS. If anyone can help me please do. This is where i am sitting right now and cannot get my truck going without this information. I have some pulleys but none seem to line up. Also if you have any pictures of the correct setup that would be extra special.. thanks Brent
Brently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 08:22 PM   #2
nosto
Flamin' Bass

I'm not sure if this answers your question but here goes....

I don't know if this works for the original AC 'cause I've got an aftermarket unit and Allen Grove brackets for the AC and Alt, but....

Crank - 3 grove pulley
Waterpump - 2 groove pulley
AC compressor on passenger side - belt on middle crank groove and second WP groove (nearest block)
Alternator on drivers side - belt on front crank groove and front WP groove
Power steering mounts below alternator, belt on third crank groove (nearest the block)

Pics : http://community.webshots.com/user/nosto53

1972 Triumph TR6 - full resto, now with a Toyota 5-speed
1975 F**D F-100 - rusty, but reliable
1982 HD XLH-1000
1967 C-10, shortstep, 350/M21 4spd, nitrogen tank fills fast bags on 4 corners, Toyo 255/45X20s on American Eagle 221 20X8s, shaved locks and handles, antenna, fuel filler, tiny C-notch, rear fuel tank, long headers, Edelbrock, worn 600 Holley, Checkmate flush hard cover, rear pan, custom LED taillights - painted it, too! But don't like it so I'm gonna do it again!!
nosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 10:05 PM   #3
Desert Rat

If you need help with part numbers i have the dealer books with correct numbers.do you have short or long water pump on your truck.long pump is alt on pass side ac on driver short is opposite.I have the brackets and pulleys for either my prices Long Pump AC brackets $25,Pulleys $20, Alt $10, PS $15. Short Pump AC $75, Alt $30,PS $50, Pulleys $40.let me know if you hve any questions or need anything.ill try to help best i can i have the 67-72 dealer books so i can look up correct numbers for you,or sell you correct parts or,try to answer your questions,if you post here might take longer or email me at gmcrat427@yahoo.com
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:13 AM   #4
Brently

thanks for the info about the pulleys - i sent you an email and hopefully we can figure this out so i can get my truck on the road. thanks - again any pictures will help
Brently is offline   Reply With Quote