The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 08:24 AM   #1
Budman56

Talking Gauge Cluster Decals 60-66

These are high quality decals made with 3M controltac, UV and fade resistant. The decals are die cut so that you can simply peel decal and place directly onto the gauge with little to no cutting required. They are printed in a matt black finish that is comparable to the OEM finish.

$55.00 shipped to your door united states only for outside of the united states email me for a shipping quote @ budman5600@hotmail.com

http://www.60thru66chevytrucks.com/services.html
Attached Images

......................_____
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/
Old 09-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #2
DPowers
One foot in front of the other

Re: Gauge Cluster Decals 60-66

Very nice
Old 09-30-2015, 02:01 PM   #3
tigerburns

These look really good.

I am in the midst of rejuvenating my '65 instrument cluster. I had planned on ordering the decals from LMC for $40. What is any different/better about yours for $55? ...just curious...
Old 09-30-2015, 09:00 PM   #4
Budman56

By the time you get yours from LMC it will be the same cost, I originally ordered mine from LMC and it took them three attempts to get me a decal that wasn't wrinkled. that was just the start. so I finally got a none wrinkled decal and started to put them on the gauges and realised that they didn't fit, I had to break out a razor knife and chop them up to get them to fit correctly. Then I wanted to install a vac gauge and realised yet again that the decal wasn't cut to fit around the needle and I didn't want to change breaking the needle trying to install the decal. So in short order I realised that I needed to make my own decal with all the right cuts in the right place so that when I did this again I wouldn't have to fight the decal putting it on. Also I didn't like the gloss finish on the LMC decal so mine are satin finish. So to answer your question are mine better than LMC well I think so but everyone has their likes and dislikes.

http://www.60thru66chevytrucks.com/g...storation.html

Old 10-01-2015, 01:39 AM   #5
southern parts

I've gotten a set of Budmans decals. they're way better than the shiny ones out there.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:05 AM   #6
PGSigns

Have you thought about splitting the sets? Base sets, one for light clusters and one for gauges and the optional gauge set that has vac, tach and pressure? I think you would sell a lot more sets. For a guy with the basic light cluster $55 to get 2 decals would be a no go.
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
Old 10-01-2015, 09:56 AM   #7
Budman56

Cool Re: Gauge Cluster Decals 60-66

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
Have you thought about splitting the sets? Base sets, one for light clusters and one for gauges and the optional gauge set that has vac, tach and pressure? I think you would sell a lot more sets. For a guy with the basic light cluster $55 to get 2 decals would be a no go.
Jimmy
PGSings I would love to do it but economics says no, the cost of the artwork then forecasting the sales and then having to stock products that may or may not sell, I only do this for the love of the hobby and because I needed it for my own trucks. I purchased several sets from LMC & I didn't care for quality or the fact that they couldn't send them to me without them being wrinkled three times in a row. And that doesn't even say anything about the fact that when I got them they didn't fit correctly and then I had to cut them get them to fit because I didn't want to remove the needle on the gauge. So in my set it covers all the years and options in one set and you don't have to cut anything to get them to fit your cluster. So are they perfect (No) but they are as close as you can get without sending your cluster to a professional and having them stencile the graphics to your cluster which will cost a lot more than $55 shipped to your door in the united states.

I had to go back and read your post again and then I realised that you are a sign guy..............we may have to talk maybe we can make a deal and you could produce these for me at a better price?

Old 10-01-2015, 01:03 PM   #8
PGSigns

My suggestions were to help you improve your market share by making things available the others are not doing. You have the artwork you need to be able to do this. I can almost 100% say that the stuff you have is full vector and the pieces can be easily be moved and made into three print files with ease and in a short period of time. Now you would have a lights dash set that no one else offers, a full gauge set that you could put at a price point that would put you into direct competition with the big guys and the ability for someone who finds a tach or vac gauge the ability to get the decal to restore it before adding it to his truck. Sad thing is people shop price first and quality second in most cases. This marketing approach would take price out of the equation and ad the advantage of being able to get just what is needed.
Jimmy
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
Old 10-01-2015, 01:33 PM   #9
tigerburns

I agree with Jimmy on this one 100% As someone who has a couple of lights clusters that are in the midst of refurb, I am definitely somebody who will be in the market for decal set in the short term. My hesitation is that I am forced to shell out money (no matter who its to) for decals and therefore artwork, that I am not going to use. I, for one, am not somebody that will just look at price only and sacrifice quality. However, as with all things, price has to be considered, especially if only a portion of the product is going to be used. Thanks for taking the time to explain your product though.

If you are able to develop a lights only decal set, I would strongly consider purchase from you over the big guys.
Michael
Old 10-01-2015, 03:58 PM   #10
Budman56

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
My suggestions were to help you improve your market share by making things available the others are not doing. You have the artwork you need to be able to do this. I can almost 100% say that the stuff you have is full vector and the pieces can be easily be moved and made into three print files with ease and in a short period of time. Now you would have a lights dash set that no one else offers, a full gauge set that you could put at a price point that would put you into direct competition with the big guys and the ability for someone who finds a tach or vac gauge the ability to get the decal to restore it before adding it to his truck. Sad thing is people shop price first and quality second in most cases. This marketing approach would take price out of the equation and ad the advantage of being able to get just what is needed.
Jimmy
I total get what you're saying but just like you guys I look for price first then I weigh it against quality in most cases for me the quality will win before price. I would consider doing just a light only decal set but the problem is still the same for me, since I wasn't the one who did the artwork I had to pay a company to do it and it wasn't cheap, it would be the same thing again to go back to them and ask them to separate the file then create a whole new set for light only clusters. I am not a rich man and I don't make a whole lot on these decals I have managed to make back my initial investment but it took a lot of decal sales to do so. living here in cali everyone wants a arm and a leg to do this type of work and I haven't been able to find a cheaper source to get them printed. and then there is the whole if you will print 1000 decal I can get them cheaper but I can't afford to do that.

As I stated before PGSign if you are willing maybe we can get together on this and figure out if it would benefit us both? my email is budman5600@hotmail.com if you want to talk about it.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:00 PM   #11
Budman56

Wink Re: Gauge Cluster Decals 60-66

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerburns View Post
I agree with Jimmy on this one 100% As someone who has a couple of lights clusters that are in the midst of refurb, I am definitely somebody who will be in the market for decal set in the short term. My hesitation is that I am forced to shell out money (no matter who its to) for decals and therefore artwork, that I am not going to use. I, for one, am not somebody that will just look at price only and sacrifice quality. However, as with all things, price has to be considered, especially if only a portion of the product is going to be used. Thanks for taking the time to explain your product though.

If you are able to develop a lights only decal set, I would strongly consider purchase from you over the big guys.
Michael
Tigerburns do you have photos of your light only cluster? if so can you send me a few detailed photos and I will see what I can do. No promises but if it makes sense I will try.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #12
tigerburns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman56 View Post
Tigerburns do you have photos of your light only cluster? if so can you send me a few detailed photos and I will see what I can do. No promises but if it makes sense I will try.
I'll take a look this evening. If not, I will just take some.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #13
tigerburns

Here is a photo of one that I bought from Jimmy (PGSigns) actually. It is not very detailed but shows what decals would be needed.
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #14
Budman56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerburns View Post
Here is a photo of one that I bought from Jimmy (PGSigns) actually. It is not very detailed but shows what decals would be needed.

So your just looking for the speedo and fuel correct? let me see what I can do.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:57 PM   #15
tigerburns

Speedo, fuel and odometer
Old 10-02-2015, 07:21 AM   #16
PGSigns

I responded to your PM and I will help any way I can.
Jimmy
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
Old 12-09-2015, 04:20 PM   #17
Budman56

Bump

Old 12-09-2015, 04:28 PM   #18
tigerburns

Budman,

Any progress on the lights only cluster decal set?
Old 12-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #19
Budman56

Yep I was able to separate the decals so now I am waiting on approve from my printer

Old 12-09-2015, 06:16 PM   #20
tigerburns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman56 View Post
Yep I was able to separate the decals so now I am waiting on approve from my printer
Cool! Let me know when you have prints available and I will order a couple sets hot off the presses.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:42 PM   #21
jamesrussell26

Interested in a full set myself
Old 12-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #22
ol_skool_chevy

Can you do a clock???????

Built it yourself, don't count on others to to do it for you or with you. It will never get done
Old 09-20-2020, 10:52 PM   #23
Budman56

Talking Re: Gauge Cluster Decals 60-66

Bump

Closed Thread