The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-03-2005, 02:18 AM   #1
68c10owner

jerks just busted my wifes car window

I`m sitting here reading through posts and I hear a "pop". It took a second for it to hit me then I heard a car just drive away normaly and I went outside and the driver side door window is busted. We just moved here 2 weeks ago and just had a baby last weekend and now we get a busted window. So now I have to take tomorrow off and get the window replaced so my wife can drive the car if she needs to take the baby anywhere. Sorry to rant but it really pisses me off when sh*t like this happens. I just wish I could have caught the little f*ckers in the act.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:35 AM   #2
skokie

Sorry to hear about your wifes window. Call the cops and get a police report. Most insurance places in Cali wont do squat without one. Carmichael? Isnt that around Sacramento?

68 build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=223234
skokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:38 AM   #3
68c10owner

yeah sac county. Carmichael doesn`t have a pd so we called the sac co. sherriff and they said we can fill out a report tomorrow. It`s not even worth the hassle since she has a $500 deductable. A door window should`nt cost that much.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:40 AM   #4
Alexis
Member since 2000

Sorry to hear that...........always some dumbass out to prove nothing.
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:42 AM   #5
skokie

Naa it shouldnt. Sucks that it happened. Im down in San Jose. One of my best friends lived in Sacramento until he moved to New Haven Ct so I know the area a little.

68 build thread
Old 02-03-2005, 02:44 AM   #6
skokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis
Sorry to hear that...........always some dumbass out to prove nothing.
Aint that the truth Alexis.

68 build thread
Old 02-03-2005, 04:11 AM   #7
Mudder

Maybe you can find one in a junkyard somewhere reasonable.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:17 AM   #8
4x4Poet

I'm from Sacramento's north area. Carmichael and metropoliton Sacramento have a huge car theft problem and a good size vandalization problem, too. I know people in Carmichael and the north area who won't leave their vehicles out at anytime. Few homeowners leave a garage full of stuff with their vehicles parked outside. Nearly everyone who can keep their cars inside does so. Some folks with street fence access pave an extra driveway and install a car-size gate on the fence just to be able to secure vehicles in the yard behind their fence when they have too many vehicles for their garage capacity.

If you can't secure your cars/trucks inside a garage or yard, you probably should lower your comp deductible. Make up for it with a higher collision deductible, if you have it. You're less likely to have an accident than have theft and vandalism problems.

As for theft, when a vehicle is stolen in Sacramento County, the sherrif's dept. tells victims to go around the neighborhood for a few boulevard blocks to look for their own vehicle! Funny thing is, sometimes it works because joyrider thefts are common. Such theives often abandon the vehicle in the neighborhood within a day or two.

Welcome to secularized California, home of godless vandals and most of America's thieving illegal aliens.

Last edited by 4x4Poet; 02-03-2005 at 06:26 AM.
4x4Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:59 AM   #9
784X4GUY
Did someone say MUD?

Yeah, sorry to hear that man. What were they after, or did they just do this for the hell of it? I really hate people that screw with peoples vehicles. Hope ya get everything squared away...Later Mike

Mini trucks are for guys who cant get it up!
784X4GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:21 AM   #10
GreyHoundSteve

The SAME THING happened to me. Me and my wife moved to a nice neighborhood and in under two weeks i had my driver side window busted out and my dash ripped up for a $99 cd player. They also stole my ashtray because i keep loose change in it. Ive always suspected one of my neighbors of doing it. Im STILL always on the look out for the punk that did it.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:07 AM   #11
rodnok1

We had a serious rash of those a year ago, they got my drivers window but everyone else they were breaking the big back windows out of mini vans and suv's. Glad the good car was up near the house.

64 Panel 1/2 Ton
350cubes/400hp
BorgWarner t-10
3:73 Auburn Posi
rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:35 PM   #12
68c10owner

4x4poet, we are staying with family untill we can findout own place in the next month or so. He mom parks in the garage so we get the street. I wasn`t even 25 ft away in the den that faces the street with the room light on. It was about 9:30 and they didn`t seem worried about getting caught. I`ll have to look into lowering her deductable.

I don`t know if they were trying to steal the car, the stereo or just bust the window. She has tinted windows so you can`t even see in at night so I don`t know what they were after. The whole window shattered but the tint film kept it from shattering in, kinda like safty glass. This may have stopped them from getting inside. I heard the rice rocket drive away. Someone tried to get into her brothers car about a year ago and he heard them and yelled at them that he was a Sac CO sherriff, he is, and they split. His car is very similar to hers and I`m wondering if the same guys came back and thought it was his car and broke the window to say " finally got you". There is a big chunk missing so it looks like they used a metal bar or a bat or something heavy to rip the big hole. I had to take today off so we can get this fixed because it`s the only car we have that we can put our daughters car seat in. I hope they come back and try it again. I won`t hesitate next time.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:13 PM   #13
68c10owner

well the glass guy just left. it cost me $232. I guess it could have been worse but I definately don`t need to be spending money where I don`t need to. At least it`s fixed. I still have to go have the new window tinted to match the other, replace the clutch and then I can finally put it up for sale.