The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 12:04 AM   #26
dajn
Account Suspended

Re: to cut or not to cut

Sell it and buy a short bed. It's not rocket science. There are plenty of short beds for sale.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:31 AM   #27
dajn
Account Suspended

"I've never seen a long bed that i like". Unbelievable. It's hard to even comment on a statement like that.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:44 AM   #28
robozride

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajn View Post
"I've never seen a long bed that i like". Unbelievable. It's hard to even comment on a statement like that.
Its hard to comment on what someone else likes or doesnt, that was my point to this whole thread. If the guy wants it short thats great, those that know how much work it is or tips that would help him should offer that up. its the same old ford vs chevy..... vanilla vs chocolate. and as far as buying a swb if thats what you really want? we all know the prices are worlds apart.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #29
CC69Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by derotoreut View Post
Well here's a double dose of stupid.
^^ One of my favorite trucks on the board. Incredible, I love it.

As far as the LWB vs. SWB it's your truck. Cut it if that's what you want but realistically it would be less work to sell it and look for a SWB .. just my .02

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
Old 04-16-2014, 08:10 AM   #30
slow-1

That red SWB 4x4 is stupid AWESOME!
Original 350 (3 rebuilds)
700R4 from Bowtie Overdrives

Old 04-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #31
JimJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow-1 View Post
That red SWB 4x4 is stupid AWESOME!
I have to agree even though I don’t really care for SWB 4x4's derotoreut's trucks are really nice
Old 04-16-2014, 12:07 PM   #32
67 cst swb

I think a good looking truck is a good looking truck... longbed or shortbed.
God knows there is some F-ugly examples of both out there.
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB originally a 327 TH400 3.73 Posi AC PS PB, had Buddy Buckets, Small Window - parts truck
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB, 283 MT 3.73 had Buddy Buckets, Panoramic Window - parts truck
2001 Chevrolet 3500 2WD Crew Cab Dually 8.1L Allison White
2002 Chevrolet 1500HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.0L 4L80E Red
Old 04-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #33
derotoreut
Roto Reuter thats the name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJones View Post
I have to agree even though I don’t really care for SWB 4x4's derotoreut's trucks are really nice
Thanks Jim. I appreciate the comment. I really wasn't trying to start anything, and I didn't want to get away from the point of this thread. What it really boils down to is personal opinion and what someone really wants out of their truck. Personally I don't care much for the slammed look, but again that's my opinion. The nice thing about this forum is that there are so many smart people here, with so many good ideas, and they are good hearted and want to help others out. However, the difficult part comes when people ask for opinions on personal taste. What someone likes will certainly not be liked by the next guy. I think each person has the right to do what they want with their own truck, without being chastised by everyone. When you ask for opinions you have to be open minded and expect to hear everything under the sun. Oh by the way… one of my trucks is a LWB. LOL.

1970 SWB Fleet K10 4X4, 5.3L LM7, 4L60E, Dakota Digital RTX, Vintage Air, Ididit tilt
1971 SWB Fleet C10 - Original SWB Arizona truck, new custom restoration project

"Kick out your motor and drive while you're still alive - kick it out!" - Heart 1977
Old 04-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #34
JimJones

Quote:
Thanks Jim. I appreciate the comment. I really wasn't trying to start anything, and I didn't want to get away from the point of this thread. What it really boils down to is personal opinion and what someone really wants out of their truck. Personally I don't care much for the slammed look, but again that's my opinion. The nice thing about this forum is that there are so many smart people here, with so many good ideas, and they are good hearted and want to help others out. However, the difficult part comes when people ask for opinions on personal taste. What someone likes will certainly not be liked by the next guy. I think each person has the right to do what they want with their own truck, without being chastised by everyone. When you ask for opinions you have to be open minded and expect to hear everything under the sun. Oh by the way… one of my trucks is a LWB. LOL.
100% agree with what you say. I'm not the best with words and even when I was writing that post I thought to myself what other word can I use besides "stupid" because I didn't want to upset anybody but I was too lazy to think about it and figured we are all men here and can take some strong language if you want to call it that.
Man it's been a while since I've seen your trucks I forgot that the blue one was a longbed. The blue one is a 2wd right?
I don’t have the time right now but ill send you a PM later if I remember.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #35
dajn
Account Suspended

Good luck either way. The cost of cutting up a lwb will never justify itself while there are still plenty of swb for sale. That may change in the future, but for now it doesn't justify. A $6000 lwb is $10000 swb. Do you really gain anything by chopping up a lwb and praying that you know what your doing? Converting a lwb into a swb is not easy or cheap. Any man thar has the ability to do this conversion has my respect. Lots of tools and lots of money
Old 04-17-2014, 10:50 PM   #36
dajn
Account Suspended

It requires more than a sawzall and a wirefeed. I read these posts and i don't know if people understand that.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:43 PM   #37
cool68

the general Public only want SWB, have been brain washed into paying much higher prices to be accepted with the "in" crowd.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #38
Hubscrub
Cruzin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 cst swb View Post
I think a good looking truck is a good looking truck... longbed or shortbed.
God knows there is some F-ugly examples of both out there.
100% correct both can look good in my eyes i won't walk away from a long bed or a short if the price is right but lately around here the $ ain't right wow what people want for junk. But too i really don't like 4x4 I have one 85 4x4 lwb though.

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Old 04-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #39
unoga

going back to the photos of the 72 that I posted: doe anybody know the significance of the decals on the truck bed?
Old 04-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #40
litew8

T-72?
Old 04-23-2014, 12:03 AM   #41
leftybass209

You know what I've learned from this board? Opinions are great but following too many opinions leaves you with someone else's truck parked in your garage. There's absolutely no shortage of long beds that will raise or lower the value of these trucks in the foreseeable future. SWB is cool, and LWB is cool, but what's not cool is your hard earned $ in a LWB when what you really wanted was a SWB, or vise versa. Best of luck with your decision!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:40 AM   #42
dajn
Account Suspended

If you decide to cut up this pickup it's almost guaranteed that you will wake one mourning and stare at yourself in the mirror and say "Lord knows i've done and said a lot of things in my life, but cutting up this pickup takes the cake"
Old 04-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #43
leddzepp

Cut it. Leave it. Who gives a rip what anyone else thinks? It's your truck, do whatever YOU want.

If you cut it the only people that will whine about it are people on message boards. In the real world you will get nothing but thumbs up and "Do you want to sell that truck?"

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Old 04-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #44
SCHRUMGMC

What is it with everyone wanting to cut up Long beds, just my .2 cents leave it the way it was made..You want a SWB? Go buy one
Old 04-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #45
leftybass209

Every time I see a comment that says if you want one "just go buy one", I picture them looking like the man on the motorcycle from those insurance commercials with money just shedding off them by the second.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #46
SCHRUMGMC

Made me laugh Lefty !!!
Old 04-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #47
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJones View Post
Sorry but I don’t get the whole short box thing. If you want a short bed just buy a short bed if everybody keeps cutting up every long bed they can find eventually there won't be any more out there.
Personally I think short bed 4x4's look stupid. I guess they are ok on a 2wd but I still prefer the long bed either way.
Guess I'm stupid Too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajn View Post
If you decide to cut up this pickup it's almost guaranteed that you will wake one mourning and stare at yourself in the mirror and say "Lord knows i've done and said a lot of retarded things in my life, but cutting up this pickup takes the cake"
Really , retarded ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC View Post
What is it with everyone wanting to cut up Long beds, just my .2 cents leave it the way it was made..You want a SWB? Go buy one
I don't really understand the short and long debate . It is however clear that some are not understanding that if the OP buys this truck it is his to do with as he wish's . He did ask weather or not it was a rare truck . The stupid and retarded comments are not wanted here .
Old 04-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #48
slikside

Quote:
Great post! Spot on.

In most cases, those asking for opinions are usually very happy to hear them, whatever they may be. That's why they are asking.

It's the respondents providing their opinions who sometimes "take issue" with other opinions posted that don't comport with their own, and debate ensues.

But the open debate often helps the OP define and clarify their wishes.

In the end, all is good. As long as it's kept civil. And on this forum, most of the time it is.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:09 PM   #49
BrianG

Chalk me up to the idiot crowd as well then. I have a "stupid" truck as well. Oh, wait, I guess I have two. One original 4x4 Short and one .....wait for it.... stretched blazer frame into a short bed..... oh my... I must be on my way to just plain insane!!!! Funny thing is, no one seems to notice until I mention it. At least I have one short 2wd 72. Maybe not a total idiot.

Oh, I guess all those new trucks must be "stupid" also because way more of them are short beds than long beds these days.

I say find someone who can do it right and cut away. Don't worry about what it might be worth later down the road. Very few people buy classics to try to make any money off of them. We buy and drive them cause that's what we like. I would recommend buying a different box though instead of trying to cut that one down.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #50
unoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
T-72?
exactly ... does "T-72" mean anything to anyone out there (other than "72 truck")?
Closed Thread