The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Samuel M

Chevy S10 2.5 4 Cyl - some assembly required? from the 88-98 forum

Ok. I have recently acquired a 1991 2.5 S10, TBI. I need to assemble all the under-the-hood wiring, as well as a few odds and ends.

The wiring harness, So I was told, as well as the engine and ECM are all a match set - they came from the same truck. Im progressing OK with the wiring, save for a few odds and ends that I have no effing idea what to do with.

A few of these odds and ends would be..

Large green 4 pronged connecter on the rear passenger side of the engine. Underneath where the TBI sits. there is *NO* connecter on this harness to go onto that. Thought maybe it had something to do with the old Automatic Tranny. I dont know. Anyway. Dont know where that one goes. There are also several white 2-pronged connecters lying around (2-3 of them) That dont have a mate anywhere that I can find.

One more thing. I took a small wire off the top of the starter Solenoid when I removed the wiring harness and I have no idea what It was. When turning the key over with the clutch depressed, instead of the motor turning over and everything going dark, nothing happens at all other than the alt gauge on the Instrument cluster going down by maybe 1.

Ok, on to the next set of problems.

There are 3 fuel lines going to and from the tank. I know one is feed, one is return, one is vapor. The feed line is fed correctly. I *THINK* the return line is fed correctly (Down past manifold into small return spout on the frame). How exactly should I feed these?? I would greatly appreciate the help, I kinda got into more than I can handle on my own but Im determined to fix it. Thanks for any help!
Samuel M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
bwood

Re: Chevy S10 2.5 4 Cyl - some assembly required?

Is the 4 prong connector you mention flat or square? Square would make me think it is for the IAC (Idle Air Control Valve) which should be on the side of the Throttle body. The small wire on the top of the starter is for the starter solenoid. It is what gives the starter the signal to do it work. It is only hot when the key is in the start position. As for the small white plugs on the engine, some pics may help, you should have:
-one connector at the front of the engine near the thermostat, this is the for Coolant Temp Sensor-2 wires(for the computer not gauges)
-you should also have a connector at the back of the head (I think) for the knock sensor-1 wire
-there should be a connector for the Temp Sensor for the gauge-1 wire (I think its in the side of the head, can't remember)-
there should be a MAP sensor mounted near the front of the air cleaner-3 wires
-I believe there should also be a connector near the EGR valve for the EGR solenoid

As far as you fuel lines go, I believe there should be two lines that come from the tank where the fuel pump access is, the large one is supply and the small is the return. I was thinking the vapor/charcoal canister line was on the tank itself. It should not be tied to anything but the tank and the canister up front.

FYI, there is a S10 section on this site, you may have better luck posting over there in the future, but don't repost, this post will probably be moved for you over to the S10 section soon. From the list of forum groups, it is broken down by years for the full size trucks and at the bottom, below the 07+ section is the S10, S15, LUV, Blazer II group.
2005 Honda CRF250R
2006 Honda CRF150F

Last edited by bwood; 07-14-2010 at 06:25 PM.
bwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: Chevy S10 2.5 4 Cyl - some assembly required?

to the forum!!

bWood is right to inform you about the S10 forum. I'm going to move your post, not because we don't want to help you, but because there are people on the other forum who have the skills you need to answer your questions. It may seem silly to think that just because the year (91) fits with this forum, but there are no 2.5 liter 4-cylinders in any of these trucks, that I am aware of.

I'll leave the redirect up for a couple of days. If you come to this forum and click on your post title (above) it will take you to the right forum and your post.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
Damien

Re: Chevy S10 2.5 4 Cyl - some assembly required? from the 88-98 forum

A Haynes Manual will have a good wiring diagram. I have a buddy with a 50,000 mile 2.5 5 speed '92 s10 if you need any pictures.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #5
Butcherboy

AutoZone Has Wire diagrams on there site.

Helped me alot.

Just my 2 cents.

Justin
Butcherboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
Samuel M

Whoever said they could help me with pictures, I need them. Can I please get a picture of the entire engine from upper-front, and also of the wires going into and out of the starter, as well as where said wires go? This truck is a gremlin, confusing the crap out of me.
Samuel M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #7
Damien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel M View Post
Whoever said they could help me with pictures, I need them. Can I please get a picture of the entire engine from upper-front, and also of the wires going into and out of the starter, as well as where said wires go? This truck is a gremlin, confusing the crap out of me.
I will try to get them this week.