The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
ridinlow68

Smile 68 C10 Project FROSTBYTE Extreme Dropmember

Long time user, first time poster. I've been on this forum for many years waiting for the opportunity to be able to start a build thread, and that day has finally come. I'm gonna ramble on here a little bit, but bear with me, there will be pictures!

I bought my truck about 7 years ago from NV because here in Maine most everything is complete rust. The PO had already started on rebuilding the truck so the frame had already been cleaned up, but the body had not been touched, other than being completely disassembled when I bought it. Since I bought it, I have had it in storage waiting for the time to come where I could afford to build my truck the way I wanted it to be built.

A couple months ago I got on the phone with Dave over at Porterbuilt Street Rods and ordered up my full Extreme front and rear Dropmember kit along with an Accuair I-level air management system. Well last week, those parts finally arrived and man, do those guys over at Porterbuilt do an amazing job! I also ordered up a couple other things that have finally arrived, one of those things being CPP's Big Brake Kit. And another being Michigan Metal Work's upper and lower control arms. Both things look amazing and I can't wait to get them mocked up.

So here's where I am at with this build. My frame is completely stripped down and ready to go, hopefully this weekend I can get started on it. Below are some photos of when I got the truck 7 years ago, in a sort of complete way and now with the frame completely disassembled. I've also included a render I did of the route I'm thinking I want to go. Ok enough talk, here are the pics of the truck and frame.

Peace,
Rick
Attached Images

1968 Chevy C10 Shortbed, 383 w/4L80E, Extreme Dropmember, Accuair I-Level, Bonspeed Big Blocks
ridinlow68 is offline   Reply With Quote