The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
toiletbowl54

brake system

I am getting ready to purchase a complete booster/mc/ bracket-brake pedal rod/prop valve assembly and fire wall seals for my 71 chevy c10 with disc/drum, another words I need the complete assembly. Should I piece it together from like napa/auto zone, or should I buy one from POL/Pirate Jacks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
toiletbowl54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:49 PM   #2
jocko

Re: brake system

I'd first ask member PICKMUP if he has any of his assemblies. I've purchased the 3/4 ton MC/Booster/Prop Valve combo from him and it is almost too pretty to install.

If he doesn't have or doesn't make any for 1/2 tons, personally, I'd piece it together from a local place. It's easier to do the core stuff, easier to return, and it's just a chunk of metal. Having said that, I do still buy the best ones I can find locally. Master cylinders have a habit of not being good right out of the box, sometimes regardless of stated quality level. Keep in mind you need to be clear you are getting 1/2 ton parts and not 2/4 ton parts wherever you shop because they are different (and the parts counter dude probably won't have a clue - one of those rare cases where I actually WANT him to ask me every silly question the script tells him to ask me to ensure he grabs the right part). Member Captainfab also makes booster brackets etc.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:04 PM   #3
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: brake system

If it's just replacement parts, go to the local parts store. POL will take forever, send you damaged parts, and the shipment will be missing parts...and they won't make good on it, in my experience.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote