The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
MattPSU

Wire Harness Help

I'm working on thinning out and re-routing the wiring harness from my 2005 5.3L L59 with 4l60E transmission following the instructions from LT1Swap.com and I have a few questions.

I have more pink wires left over than they show on LT1Swap. Mine is a different year, so I assume there's some differences, but I'm not sure if all of these should be connected to a keyed source or not. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I have for Pink wires.

(8) injectors
(2) coils
(2) labeled as "Ignition 1 Voltage" from A9 & F8 in the C2 fuse block
(2) labeled as "Ignition 1 Voltage GAS" both from D8 in the C2 fuse box
(1) from F9 in the C2 fuse box. This is labeled both "Ignition 1 Voltage" and "Ignition 0 Voltage"
(1) labeled as "Ignition 0 Voltage" from E9 in the C2 fuse block
(1) labeled as "Ignition 1 Voltage PCM Gas" from B10 in the C2 fuse block

PLUS I have two more pink wires from the blue PCM, space numbers 19 & 75. I know these two, the coils and the injectors all go to keyed sources, but I'm not sure about the others.

ALSO...
I have three wires coming from the Transmission Range Sensor that are no longer going to anything else: light green, dark green and gray. I believe this is OK. LT1Swap showed just one wire left in use on this connector, but again, mine had more wires that their example. One of my pink wires is coming from this connector and LT1Swap is showing it cut. Can I eliminate the pink wire here?

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

UPSTATE SC GM TRUCK CLUB: FACEBOOK WEBSITE
MattPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
dec010974

Re: Wire Harness Help

I'll pm you my number. Also use a continuity tester to see where all those ignition wires lead to, That would be my best bet. Matt there is no mention of O2 sensors, tranny, or MAF sensor. You are definitely on the right track. I would test every pink wire to see where it leads. Hit me up if you more assistance. Clark

Last edited by dec010974; 10-22-2014 at 08:36 PM.
dec010974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #3
e015475

You should have a wiring diagram for your year, make and model of the vehicle your harness came off of

LT1Swap is a great start, but you really need the one for your specific harness.

The easiest way to get them is on Autozone.com website. You have to create an account, but they don't spam you too bad.

After you've created an account, enter the donor in the 'my vehicles', then go to pull down menu called "Repair Guides", select "Wiring Diagrams" then look to the left side of the page for "Select a Chapter". Scroll down a ways until you find "Engine Controls". It takes some looking around to find everything you need, but it is all there. I've had friendly service advisors at my local Chevy dealer pull pages out of the manual for me and print them, and they look identical to the factory diagrams- my conclusion was autozone's diagrams are from GM manuals.

Trust you will find what you are looking for there, and good luck
e015475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:09 AM   #4
uxdesigner

Great info and explanation, thanks!
uxdesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #5
lowlyfec10

i'm doing this same exact thing on my 04 6.0 harness.....gotta figure out what to do with the dbw signal wires mentioned in the other link, but im down to the starter harness so far. good luck n wish me luck. lol ill stay up on this post to see if i encounter the same things you do.
lowlyfec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
MattPSU

Thanks for the help & input everyone. I was able to get it all figured out last night!
Attached Images

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

Old 10-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #7
dec010974

"Dang MattPSU". That harness looks nice. can you post more close up pics? Also, can I send you my harness? I'm glad you got it all figured out. you should see the harness I'm working on. I left all the wires intact. I found the wires I needed, extended them and "bam", I'm finished. I need a guinea pig to try it my harness. I see you have been busy getting your 1971 c10 together. good job.
dec010974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #8
MattPSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec010974 View Post
"Dang MattPSU". That harness looks nice. can you post more close up pics? Also, can I send you my harness? I'm glad you got it all figured out. you should see the harness I'm working on. I left all the wires intact. I found the wires I needed, extended them and "bam", I'm finished. I need a guinea pig to try it my harness. I see you have been busy getting your 1971 c10 together. good job.
Thanks! My new fuse block is supposed to be here in a couple of days. When it comes in and I've got it all wired up, I'll post some more pictures.

I'm pretty happy with how it came out, but I'll be 100% happy when if it fires up and doesn't catch on fire! I'm pretty confident, but you never know. Hopefully that'll happen before Christmas. Maybe Thanksgiving. I'll be sure to post the results when I crank it for the first time. - Mattt

Old 10-23-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
lowlyfec10

no fires.......thats no bueno lol
lowlyfec10 is offline   Reply With Quote