The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #23
NC_John

Re: FITECH EFI 600 Basic and Command center intall with pics, factory tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo3318 View Post
That's 6 one way half a Dozen the other. I used the fuel command center because I have the factory behind the seat and don't care to replace it. It is brand new. Now that being said if I had thevrear tank I would of went with either an inline pump or in tank pump. Yes they are louder but don't clutter up the engine bay. In reality with the FCC I now have two points of failure instead of one. Either my mechanical pump or electric pump could die. With an in line or tank you drop the mechainical which I am all about one less item to worry about. I don't see any issues in my near future but if I HAVE to put a rear tank in I will most likely ditch the FCC and go in tank. The FCC has never given me any issues other than overheating one time and that was my fault for not lowering the idle flow parameter. Once it cooled down and I set the parameters never another issue what so ever. This info is really only based on engine bay appearance!!! I might of been saying go FCC if I had the inline pump after hearing in whine forever. I will say in tank or FCC now that I think about how loud a in line is. All three have to have the return in the end.
But if you run an in-tank pump your return line can be a lot closer to the tank (assuming you would use the corvette style filter/regulator). Isn't the FiTech truly returnless if you don't have the command center or is there a return line coming back off the EFI unit itself? Its been a while already and can't remember.

The command center is just too darn big to hide under the hood and adds a lot of extra lines running up there (fuel supply to CC, fuel line from CC to EFI, vent/return line).

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote