The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2020, 06:43 PM   #1
May70

Paint prep bench ideas?

Anyone out here have a paint prep bench of some sort?

I do all kinds of work in my garage. I have a metal top welding/work bench and a wood workbench in the back. The problem is there is always crap piled on both with the multiple project I always have going... We all know the struggle.

I would really like to come up with a bench/cabinet setup where all my paint supplies are tucked away out of the dust and grease I make on the other benches.

Anyone show their setup? I am almost thinking about buying a HF rolling cart and just putting paint stuff in it, primer, guns, strainers etc. I tried searching this topic but really didn't come up with much, maybe I am using the wrong phrase...

The goal is to have an area dedicated to paint. Even when I clean everything off sometimes I am spraying small stuff and need the metal table for mixing and paint layout.... THX
Attached Images

How to repair that rusted out 67-72 c10-c30! Please subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaycoCustomRestorations
May70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:13 AM   #2
notsolo

Re: Paint prep bench ideas?

You have a lot going on, more storage, shelving up on the walls. A tall storage cabinet might be good for paint supplies. I use the center of my bench for mixing paint, ( best light ).cover with cardboard or paper....mount your paint gun holder closer, but to the side. Gun cleaning and wrenches for disassembly. Cleaner the better for mixing paint. If you figure out out to keep the clutter off your bench top, LMK....Ed.
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote