The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2023, 05:44 PM   #1
gordyzx9r

Where to buy cargo door parts for the pass. side bed?

Hi, where can I find parts for the passenger side, bed mounted, cargo door, which is located on the lower side of the bed? I don't see anything for these on Manes, NPD, or LMC.

The truck is a 1970 C10 but the bed is from a '72 (I think).

Not sure what the actual name of this cargo area/door is...but I need to find a good set of hinges for it. The truck is in for body and paint, but the hinges are shot and we're trying to find a nice set instead of trying to fab them.

I tried to post in the WTB section to find some but I can't post there for some reason...
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2023, 06:18 PM   #2
Grumpy old man

Re: Where to buy cargo door parts for the pass. side bed?

The parts board is the only place you'll find parts for that door , You have to be a subscribing member to place (WTB) want to buy ads ,

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 09:32 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: Where to buy cargo door parts for the pass. side bed?

The name for that is "Tool & Stowage Compartment". Unfortunately, it is an overlooked piece in the replacement/reproduction part world. There once was a 67-72 parts vendor in the earlier days of restoration of these trucks, Dennis's Truck Parts in Pinellas Park, FL, who had composite reproduction doors with all related components made up that he sold. Unfortunately, there was lower interest in these trucks back then and he only made one batch. What a shame the world caught on so late and a bigger shame the molds were not preserved. I sold my kit when I decided I'd only own a truck I can use, was done restoring show quality. I sold my kit off, to a member here many years ago. I still do have the latch pawl that keeps popping up around here, but that is all that remains

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote