The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-29-2020, 11:12 AM   #26
Freaky1

Re: Luke's '65

Got the roof skin glued on, seems like it fit good. Going to sand down the drip rails & paint the top in a couple weeks.
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2020, 11:13 AM   #27
Freaky1

Today is all about the brakes, going with a dual reservoir so I'll need to work up some brake line pieces. Rebuilding the rear wheel cylinders as well.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:08 PM   #28
Freaky1

Got the roof skin glued on. Looks nice and went on pretty easy, only got a little glue on the truck itself...but that adds character right?

Finished up adding a dual master cylinder today as well. Found I have some new lighting issues to deal with. It all worked before...
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #29
The Rocknrod

Like the roof work.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:04 AM   #30
Freaky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcampoDave View Post
I thought about that, but I'm the type who'd later decide to keep it and kick myself for not doing it.
I've also got a '65 short bed that is getting a much more complete overhaul, that I would LOVE to do that in but there is nothing wrong with the roof on that one. Cutting open a perfectly good roof just seems a little wrong, but of course I'm thinking about it...
Old 11-18-2020, 12:48 PM   #31
justa dumb hick

Do you have additional detail to share on the dual master Cylinder? Such as proportioning valve, what year/type master cylinder, lines, etc. I’m assuming you still have the factory drum brakes on all four corners.
-JDH
justa dumb hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #32
Freaky1

Hey JDH, I'll check but I think I just ordered a new '67 master cylinder & bolted it right in. From what I know, with the stock drums on all 4 wheels no proportioning valve is needed, that's only if you go with half disk half drum.

The brake line plumbing was odd in comparison from what I've seen on other vehicles. There was a tee on the right side where the rear line & right wheel came together then ran over to another tee on the left side where that line & the left wheel came together and ran up to the master.

I put a coupler on the rear line & extended it to the master cylinder. I added another coupler to extend the right front line to the left front into a tee and up to the master cylinder. Bench bled the master before putting it on and then bled the systems and it is awesome now.

Truthfully, the most pain in the butt part was getting fittings to run the stock 3/16" lines into the master cylinder.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These were the two fittings I used, cheaper, easier, & quicker from Amazon than anyone else. Let me know if you have any other questions...

Last edited by Freaky1; 11-28-2020 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Wording change
Freaky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:07 AM   #33
justa dumb hick

Perfect! You have no doubt saved me many hours of frustration with your heads up and Amazon links. How did your roof finish up?

-JDH
Will it start?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYVs7widI0
justa dumb hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:09 AM   #34
Freaky1

Came out nice, still needs cleanup work. I'm neck deep in my '65 short bed build right now, so the roof is on hold.

Doing a few other little things here and there but without garage space & the weather being unpredictable it's not easy.