The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2016, 08:28 PM   #1
Techx

Complete ignition kit

I bought a '72 c10 and I've been rebuilding it myself for 3 years a little at a time. When I get over over my head I take it to a local guy that tells me I'm still not mechanic laughs and helps me out. This time however I want to be on the front end of this to make a good decision, but I just don't have enough knowledge of ignitions yet. So I'm asking for some help.
So here we go, I have a small block 350 that I am having rebuilt by a local machinist. I told him that I would like to get 350 hp out of the motor. He asked me how much I had to spend I told him $2k and he said that would not be a problem if I also upgraded my fuel pump and my ignition. I was looking at buying a MSD BLACK CHEVY V8 PRO-BILLET DISTRIBUTOR WITH VACUUM ADVANCE part#83613, MSD 6AL-2 IGNITION CONTROL-BLACK part#64213, and MSD BLASTER SS COIL part#8207, but then I saw the CHEVY V8 W/INTERNAL MODULE DISTRIBUTOR part#8360. Part# 8360 says I would also need a coil, but no external ignition.
I'm slowly making this my daily driver, but I still like spinning tires on the weekends. What parts are for what? What do I need? What do you suggest?
Techx is offline   Reply With Quote