The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2002, 06:14 PM   #1
chaptr2

Thumbs up Columbia Coatings powder coat

I am always on the lookout for better and cheaper companies to buy from (just like you). I have purchased powders from local shops and different companies on the web. I like the powders from Hotcoat, but it is a little pricey. I have found better prices, but still not as good as the local shops sell it for, but the local shops don’t always have the best powders. To me the local powder coating shops, powders sometimes don’t stick very well and the powders come in a plastic baggies. Plus I have to travel to get it. Not really what I want to do.

Columbia Coatings by far is the best I have dealt with. I ordered up six different colors ranging from standard to specialty powders. All of them were way better priced than any company I have ordered from. After using some of the powder and seeing the way it instantly stuck to the metal, (not all are so cooperative even with a perfect ground).
Then after a baking some of the colors, it was better than expected. I also like the way when the shipped it to me. It was in little containers that are able to reseal. If you buy powder from different companies other than Hotcoat you will know that is comes in plastic bags and you need to find some kind of container to store it in.

I plan on spending a lot more money after I’ve seen how impressive the powder and the price is.

70 GMC Short box stepside Blown 388 Stroker
72 K/5 Blazer 350/SM465/205
chaptr2 is offline   Reply With Quote