The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-20-2015, 04:50 AM   #1
RoughKuntry

Arrow 89/91 Chevy Cheyenne

Well guys, thought I would let you know of my new Rig, Haven't named her yet but she is an ex Fire Fighter rig from Boeing. With 215k On the Swapped Fuel Injected 350 5.7 liter v8, this rig is also automatic and should have the 700R4 however, previous owner swapped that POS for a TH400 Rebuilt GMC Transmission, Also included the Toe Package and NP208 Transfercase, The rig is fun to drive and get dang good gas mileage for a v8. Only problem now is trying to find another Radiator. BTW, This truck is supposed to be Yellow... However one side is black & Yellow as the other is Solid Yellow. Lance the Previous Owner, Must of wrecked it and added the 91 Front Clip from another Truck/Burban/Blazer. The truck has some issues on the interior but As you all have seen from my 73/89 I love these rigs. I will be removing the front clip and loosing the Chevy Logo as well as swapping the clip for a 1998 GMC Style Grille. The Pick & Pull is maybe 10 mins from the house and this rig already runs and drives. I have already replaced the (POS Stock Tape Radio) With a Kenwood CD Player from the 73/89 Mud Sl*tt. Also lost the stock speakers and added my 3 ways to the back of the cab. The Truck has a small exhaust leak and sounds better. With having the Electronic Fuel Sensor and The Emissions for the rig, I had a high idle. But once removed the Emission Sensor from the Exhaust, My rig runs quiet well. Gets great gas millage I am thinking of maybe 15mpg or better. I do know the rig has an oil problem and I will walk yall through on how to change the oil pan gasket without having to remove the engine from the truck. As well as a step by step walk through of replacing & cleaning out the Cooling system. This is gonna be my daily driver/Wheeler. Also trying to make this rig safer for my step daughter and gf. The center seat belt doesn't work so you all know that I am trying to obey the laws of Washington State. I have served as a Fire Fighter for almost 4 years, Safety is my Number 1 cause to explain all of these things to yall.

-RoughKuntry
99 Chevrolet LS 4.8l/5 Speed Manual 4x4 :Selling
88 Chevrolet Burban 2500 4x4 :Buying
RoughKuntry is offline   Reply With Quote