The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-20-2020, 06:27 PM   #1
parb

I have to admit

I'm addicted. I just found myself browsing craigslist for another 70-72 Blazer/Jimmy or maybe a pickup...

Love my 72 GMC jimmy. The truck is sitting pretty in the garage but covid is making me itch for a project... my current truck was a frame-off, do everything right kind of deal. I'm thinking maybe restomod, go all modern but make it look classic.

I like the idea of building a nice daily driver type of blazer. I don't take my Jimmy to the grocery store, i'm too nervous about a ding on the door.

So now i'm day dreaming, maybe going fuel injection or all out with an LS swap? Maybe modern suspension? Remove the top and go bikini top all the time? Some cool and unique rims? A completely digital dash? Maybe dark gray or gunmetal gray with blackout badges?

I'm daydreaming.... Winter is coming and i doubt i'll do a project this year, but its so tempting to think about it. Then again the new Ford Bronco is also looking pretty tempting as a daily driver....
parb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:15 PM   #2
Ptjsk

Re: I have to admit

Yep...I know exactly what you mean.

I finished the '72 Jimmy, and want to use it as my daily driver. Unfortunately, I'm too worried about leaving it anywhere! I already had our '62 Corvette stolen while in Monterey (I did get it back), and as valuable as these have become, it makes it difficult to use for a daily driver.

I have been driving my '72 K10 stepper, and it runs pretty darn good. Has 108,000 original miles. I want to start on that coming up here, but it's pretty cool just to drive as is, and not have the worry.

Good luck on your search for a new project!

Pat
Ptjsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:53 PM   #3
parb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptjsk View Post
Yep...I know exactly what you mean.

I finished the '72 Jimmy, and want to use it as my daily driver. Unfortunately, I'm too worried about leaving it anywhere! I already had our '62 Corvette stolen while in Monterey (I did get it back), and as valuable as these have become, it makes it difficult to use for a daily driver.

I have been driving my '72 K10 stepper, and it runs pretty darn good. Has 108,000 original miles. I want to start on that coming up here, but it's pretty cool just to drive as is, and not have the worry.

Good luck on your search for a new project!

Pat
We should do a get together for the norcal crew. I need a car fix...
Old 10-21-2020, 09:28 AM   #4
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Attached Images

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:43 AM   #5
SeventyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by parb View Post
Par are you on Instagram? A lot of the local meet ups i've been to over the past month the news are spread on IG. This coming weekend I know of 2 different meetups.
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:46 PM   #6
parb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyOne View Post
Par are you on Instagram? A lot of the local meet ups i've been to over the past month the news are spread on IG. This coming weekend I know of 2 different meetups.

I am on instagram. @parbotes
What hashtag should I follow?
Old 10-21-2020, 02:04 PM   #7
SeventyOne

Quote:
I am on instagram. @parbotes
What hashtag should I follow?
I'll send you a bunch of stuff so you'll see what's going on locally.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:42 AM   #8
Ptjsk

Quote:
That would be cool. By chance, do you guys come up to Camino (Apple hill), during apple hill season?

I ask, as it's hugely popular and people visit from all over. We're just above Placerville.

Anyway, let me know if you get up here sometime.

Pat
Ptjsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 11:36 AM   #9
parb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptjsk View Post
That would be cool. By chance, do you guys come up to Camino (Apple hill), during apple hill season?

I ask, as it's hugely popular and people visit from all over. We're just above Placerville.

Anyway, let me know if you get up here sometime.

Pat
I'm terrible at keeping track of events. I would come, sounds like fun. When is it?
Old 10-25-2020, 11:52 AM   #10
REDROCKER652002

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyOne View Post
I'll send you a bunch of stuff so you'll see what's going on locally.
Anyway my son and I can get on the list? I don't do Instagram though. We are in South San Francisco, but anyplace in the general area where he can look at trucks of his own make would be great.
REDROCKER652002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:18 PM   #11
parb

I'm a big fan of das brew in Fremont, near the Tesla factory.
Great parking and rarely super busy. They run popup beer and food in the parking lot on weekends.i haven't been there since covid started but I think it would be a fun place for an informal get together. https://www.dasbrewinc.com/home.

Ah, never mind they are only open in the evenings. I prefer to look at trucks in daylight...
Old 10-25-2020, 07:42 PM   #12
SeventyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDROCKER652002 View Post
Anyway my son and I can get on the list? I don't do Instagram though. We are in South San Francisco, but anyplace in the general area where he can look at trucks of his own make would be great.
You'd need to get on Instagram unfortunately - that's how all the information about meet ups is spread. Follow the folks organizing, see the post about meet ups, and show up.