The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Trucks For Sale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-10-2019, 10:46 AM   #1
ptc

1957 Task Force /Pro Street

This truck has been widely documented on this site from start to finish and the entire build is located here: Thank you 67-72 Chevy Trucks!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663322

The story behind the build; "We've Come a Long Way Baby"
The truck I found was a 1957 3600 ¾ ton long wheel base 1-owner farm truck in Acampo, California. It was listed in a Craigslist ad and wasn’t moving so I thought I would give them a call and go take a look. When I finally went to look at it, I got the whole story. It belonged to a gentleman that bought it new in ’57 and brought it out to their ranch and made a work truck out of it. He removed the step-side bed and put a wooden flat-bed on it for hauling orchard goods. He had since passed but his son was now selling it because his mother was ready to let it go after keeping it registered non-op for 19 years. The truck had run up until about 10 years before (2005). Then it was just put into the barn and left alone. It was actually built in the GM Oakland Plant according to its serial number.

I had bought a completed chassis with a '71 Z28 front clip and a Chris Alston 4-Link rear end setup already to go... or so I thought. It needed work too. All sheetmetal work has been done on the typical places, cab corner, door bottoms, etc, has smooth dash, 59 dish style hood, 57 Bel-Air bar lights in the grill. All exterior items have been shaved. The bed is complete ready for final block, sand and paint, the cab needs lost of mud work and all the prep for painting. It has a satin white paint coating on right now to keep it rust free. Chassis and engine bay are painted painted in gray hammer finish.

The whole story is in the build log with every little detail completed on it.

Long Story Short; Im selling it less motor as the motor has failed. The truck is 95% completed with all the goodies that anybody would ever want in a custom build truck of their own. It is completely setup and road proven to drop in your own BBC engine or a nice crate motor complete from Summit racing and start it up and go. Comes with the TH400 trans and remainder of all engine components that are mounted to the truck itself. The entire drive train has been built for 1000HP so it will handle anything you can throw at it. 17GAL fuel cell, Aeromotive fuel systems, alum fuel lines feed & return, alum cross flow radiator, dual electric fans, setup for electric WP, Daytona CDI Ignition system, complete custom electrical wiring systems all relay driven. Custom over the frame headers and exhaust, hydro-boost brake/power steering setup, all Aeroquip AN type hose and tube end type fittings throughout the entire truck for all systems.

It is setup as a street truck right now with 20x16 rear wheels and 18x7 front wheels with a 3.50 rear end gear ratio (70mph @ 3000rpm on the highway), but it has been designed to fit BIG TIRE SLICKS inside the wheel wells for a run at the track if you like. The entire bed disconnects with 4 bolts and a wire harness plug and it lifts right off the frame. It has a 4-point roll bar that is custom built into the cab with interior floor plates and matching outriggers on the frame so the cab can still be removed in one piece. It has 5-point harness' for both driver and passenger.

Any questions - email at hrly_man @ yahoo.com
Tele - NINE-ONE-SIX -----214-----2380
Attached Images

Last edited by ptc; 09-10-2019 at 10:52 AM.
ptc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
ptc

Re: 1957 Task Force /Pro Street

Did I mention it had a tow hitch? --- It was originally built to haul my '75 Sanger around to shows and to the lake for some fun.

This truck is Custom from Top to Bottom.... more photos here:
https://www.facebook.com/paul.christ...90537391399930

I am asking $30K for all (LESS ENGINE) and Ive got 2 binders full of specs for the whole build and receipts adding up to more than $40K

$30,000 USD - will ship / Buyer pays all Costs

email - hrly_man @ Yahoo.com
tele NINE-ONE-SIX----214----2380

Paul
Attached Images

Last edited by ptc; 09-10-2019 at 02:10 PM.
ptc is offline   Reply With Quote