The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2020, 11:48 PM   #1
rustyrodknocker

66 GMC long story longer...

I am going to try to get my history with my Suburban spelled out here for the sake of keeping it organized in one place.
I never thought of it a a build because its really not.
I bought it to drive it, I had to make it run to do so and I had to make repairs along the way.
Unfortunately I have lost much of my data and the dates are questionable. I hope to firm these up as I get along.

The basic beginning is, I looked for one of these specifically. I eventually found this one in the Truck Trader with the typical tiny black and white picture. Remember the days? This is the last vehicle I bought through Trader. It was in Milwaukee Oregon and is/was a pretty poor example.

It was a stalled project and had sat for years as happens when life changes.
I think this was 06-07 ish.

It came with a 350 laying in the engine compartment. Also had a th350 and new tires. The engine was new but never fired or installed.
I installed it and fired it up on the first day. From there I immediately started to daily drive it.

More to come later..
Attached Images

rustyrodknocker is offline   Reply With Quote