The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
The_BullDog

My 10 Day project

Got a 77 cheyenne with a 350 and a bag trans in it.will be home for 10 days at the front end of next month and really want to get this project movin in the right direction.

I have 2 new front fenders already sittin at the house. Looking at a 2" wide cog belt pulley system from black mountain precision just to beef up the look of the engine alittle. a billet grill, dash pad, bench seat cover, carpet, door panels, and weather stripping sittin in a cart from LMC. (heard some neg stuff about them on here so haven't pulled the trigger yet).

i have a shop back home that will rebuild my trans stock for a grand and put in a 700r for 2 grand. don't know enought about this to know if its a good deal. they did say they would have to shorten the drive shaft and check out the gears so tell me if that sounds right.

as far as hight i still plan on using it as a truck but i don't like the gap between the stock rims/ tires. would like some bigger rims but don't want to suffer to much during the ride. was looking at the boss 338's like everyone else.

what would you do with a 77 longbed 2wd with 3 or 4 grand?
Attached Images

The_BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote